Sr Network EngineerPrimary Location Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota Additional Location(s) Effingham, Illinois Job ID 2021-12618 Apply
The Sr Network Engineer is responsible for driving architectural decisions and detailed design activities for Patterson’s network infrastructure. The Sr Network Engineer collaborates with other engineering team members, technology architects, operations staff, developers, and business leads to develop and deliver strategic solutions for the Patterson enterprise. The areas of focus for this role include all aspects of network infrastructure architecture, implementation, process development, and technology integration. This role collaborates on the creation and maintenance of policies and assists with the development of standards, guidelines, and procedures that are consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for design, implementation, and integration of data center, cloud, and end-user network architectures.
- Works with leadership, architects, and infrastructure teams to analyze and improve current data center networks, WAN solutions, LAN solutions, and cloud environments.
- Drives the development of standards, guidelines, and processes for networks, considering redundant systems, policies, capacity planning and high availability
- Works with Project Management, architecture, business, technical, and security teams to achieve project delivery.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and resolve concerns.
- Provides escalation support for data center, cloud and core routing platforms. Provides processes and guidance for tier 1 and 2 staff.
- Completes root cause analysis of problems and provides potential solutions in area of expertise.
- Acts as a leader and advocate of technology stewardship and management, including mentoring, coaching, and training.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of experience and education
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Network Engineer role, working with multiple data center environments, network analysis, packet capture and monitoring tools (Wireshark, Observer, SolarWinds, Gigamon, LiveAction and Cisco Modeling Labs).
- At least 3 years’ experience with designing/supporting cloud security solutions (AWS, Azure, GCP). Experience with Express Route a plus.
- Routing Protocol knowledge (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP) and experience with QOS.
- Expert understanding of architecture design techniques, theories, principles, and practices.
- Performance analysis, tuning and optimization on various hardware platforms in a large enterprise environment. Viavi Gigastor and Gigamon experience a plus.
- Experience as an escalation engineer with a high level of comfort when debugging complex issues.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language to all levels of management and staff.
- Ability work on-call and alternative hour schedules when required.
- PCI Audit Knowledge.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Prior experience with common network scripting programming languages.
- Prior experience with common automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef.
- Prior experience with API integrations.
- Prior experience engineering networks with more than 2000 devices.
- Prior experience with Cisco technologies/solutions including Nexus 7000/6000/5000/2000, LAN controllers, fixed-configuration switches, and Cisco ISR and ASR series routers.
- Experience with Cisco ACI and SD-WAN/SDN.
- Prior experience with the DNS/DHCP.
- Experience managing partner and vendor relationships to achieve business outcomes.
- Prior experience in a global enterprise.
We provide competitive benefits, unique incentive programs and rewards for our eligible employees:
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits and an integrated Wellness Program.
- 401(k) Match Retirement Savings Plan.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Holiday Pay & Floating Holidays.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO).
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement).
- Full Paid Parental and Adoption Leave.
- LifeWorks (Employee Assistance Program).
- Patterson Perks Program.
Why Join Patterson?
Click here to see what it’s like to be a part of our winning team! Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
As a people-first company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees’ unique experiences and differences are what strengthen us and drive our success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We are Patterson. We welcome you.
- Inventory Control Clerk 2nd shift South Bend, Indiana
- Support Specialist Tier 1 (Remote - IL ONLY) Effingham, Illinois, Chicago, Illinois, Champaign, Illinois, Bloomington, Illinois, Bolingbrook, Illinois, Elmhurst, Illinois, Moline, Illinois, Peoria, Illinois, Springfield, Illinois, Warrenville, Illinois, Gurnee, Illinois, Oak Park, Illinois
- Agricultural Engineer Greeley, Colorado, Fort Collins, Colorado
- Service Technician Atlanta, Georgia
- Service Technician Fargo, North Dakota
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.