Supply Chain PlannerPrimary Location Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota Job ID 2021-12682 Apply
The Supply Chain Planner is a highly skilled supply chain professional. The Supply Chain Planner’s main responsibility is to provide an uninterrupted flow of materials for their assigned products or locations while optimizing total supply chain costs and fulfillment targets. The Supply Chain Planner will have knowledge of their assigned products and vendor base. Through financial analysis, they will be able to evaluate purchase decisions against total supply chain costs. The Supply Chain Planner will manage inventories and lead times using SAP tools and statistical techniques.
- Analyze daily KPI reports with a goal to improve supply chain performance
- Responsible for optimizing inventory levels and fill rates across the Patterson distribution network so that service level targets are met
- Establish and maintain appropriate target stock levels, safety stock, and surge stock levels using SAP and statistical inventory management tools and techniques
- Utilize product forecasts, SAP models and tools. Communicate forecasts to vendors as needed
- Responsible for managing the excess (overstock) and obsolete process for assigned products. Identify and communicate obsolescence reserve requirements. Coordinate disposition, returns, and disposal
- Perform daily vendor management related to inventory ordering processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, industrial engineering or related field or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- 0-3 years purchasing and planning experience in related industry including:
- Material planning and forecasting using ERP tools preferably SAP
- Inventory Management experience, including excess and obsolete management
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills. Ability to work and influence others from different functional areas and levels within and outside the organization
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving skills
- Proficiency in MS Office - (Word, Excel, Power Point Etc.)
- Knowledge of and/or experience in a Fortune 500 Distribution/ Logistics environment
- Ability to independently organize work, decision making and analytical skills
What's In It For You:
We provide competitive benefits, unique incentive programs and rewards for our eligible employees:
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits and an integrated Wellness Program.
- 401(k) Match Retirement Savings Plan.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Holiday Pay & Floating Holidays.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO).
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement).
- Full Paid Parental and Adoption Leave.
- LifeWorks (Employee Assistance Program).
- Company-Paid Short-Term Disability.
- Patterson Perks Program.
Please click herefor an overview of benefits offered!
An Equal Opportunity Employer
As a people-first company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees’ unique experiences and differences are what strengthen us and drive our success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We are Patterson. We welcome you.
- Shipping Supervisor-2nd shift South Bend, Indiana
- Material Handler I Sioux Center, Iowa
- Inventory Control Clerk Mount Joy, Pennsylvania, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, Hershey, Pennsylvania, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
- Inventory Control Clerk Blythewood, South Carolina
- Accounting Intern Eagan, Minnesota
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.