Facility Maintenance ManagerPrimary Location Mount Joy, Pennsylvania Job ID 2021-12749 Apply
Responsible for managing the facilities maintenance and safety programs, which includes safety training of the fulfillment center personnel. Oversees and manages the daily workload of the maintenance personnel, while also collaborating with cross-functional departments and safety liaisons. People leadership includes managing daily tasks and responsibilities of maintenance personnel training, planning, and assigning daily work, performance management, and conflict resolution. Responsible for all safety functions, including safety training of all personnel across the fulfillment center, assisting in accident and/or near miss investigations, conduct monthly safety meetings, completing self-audits, and communicate safety programs/policies to all employees.
- Maintains facility infrastructure, equipment, and systems to ensure operation and minimize down time. Follows preventive maintenance program for all equipment. Makes prompt repair of equipment to limit down time.
- Maintains electronic and paper maintenance records. Works closely with management on safety and sanitation issues
- Monitors and maintains local facility infrastructure, equipment, and systems to ensure operation and minimize downtime
- Follows local preventive maintenance program for all equipment and monitors activity of preventative maintenance program
- Maintains electronic and paper maintenance records and monitors electronic record keeping for material handling and facility equipment
- Monitors facility grounds for proper care and appearance
- Monitors and organizes outside contractors for quality and cost effectiveness
- Performs periodic inspection of network facilities and provides detailed report of facilities condition to include preventative and corrective actions where applicable
- Works closely with management to identify and resolve safety hazards, facility sanitation issues, and the implementation of safety policies, procedures, and training of all fulfillment center personnel
- Organizes and maintains all housekeeping and sanitation standards and requirements of the fulfillment center.
- Develops and implements site-specific safety procedures as required (e.g., lock out tag out)
- Arranges and conducts site-specific safety training, including tracking and maintaining training records for all fulfillment center personnel
- Participates in identifying and leading safety liaison team, providing training and development of subject matter expertise
- Leads or participates in site safety meetings, including the safety committee and toolbox talks, for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information from employees
- Conducts investigations of safety incidents, near misses and personnel injuries. Ensures that all incidents are communicated to management, including senior leadership and EHS management within the required timeframe. Refers incidents including personal injuries, near misses, and policy violations to the fulfillment center management team.
- Works with Risk Management to post the OSHA 300A log on an annual basis
- Performs required site walk-throughs and self-audits while providing on-the-spot safety guidance and or to ensure compliance of EHS requirements
- Encourage and supports the growth of all employees through skill development and goal setting. Provides direction, assigns responsibilities, and motivates personnel to achieve organizational goals.
- Hold direct reports accountable for meeting performance standards and departmental performance goals.
- Participates in the performance review process, makes recommendations for promotions, identifies, and implements corrective action in a timely fashion
- Participate in the training and implementation of new procedures or process changes (including SOP’s and FC specific policies) that need to be introduced to the FC personnel.
- Communicates distribution center, network, and corporate information as needed to facilities staff
- Participates in the interviewing and selection process by making recommendations to the FC Manager and/or Region Manager regarding hiring decisions.
- Establishes, supports, promotes, and participates in network, facility and departmental activities designed to strengthen and improve moral, teamwork and improve the overall work environment.
- Available for on call duties and weekend hours as needed
- Supports the company goals for quality and continuous improvement
- Performs duties at or above quality standards
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested
Walking and standing
Air and auto travel to fulfillment centers, supplier facilities and other office locations within the U.S.
The fulfillment center is a warehouse for the storage and distribution of dental and veterinary supplies and equipment. In general, the building's primary work area consists of pallet storage racking, roller storage and small item storage shelving. The facility uses powered conveyor systems for the transportation of products. Pallet jacks and forklifts are used for palletized products. Some positions require use of safety equipment, which is provided as needed.
Education/Training & Skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and three - five years warehouse leadership experience in maintenance, operations, and or EHS
- Three (3) plus years of experience in preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of material handling equipment, conveyor systems, and automated equipment.
- Competent computer skills, and experience using computerized maintenance systems is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills paired with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills, attention to detail and follow through to resolve any outstanding issues.
- Ability to read, understand and utilize equipment manuals.
- Knowledge of current laws and standards applicable to equipment and building maintenance, and facility security.
- Ability to evaluate procedures and initiate continuous improvements.
- Demonstrated success in leadership roles and consistent achievement record in all work or school related activities.
We provide competitive benefits, unique incentive programs and rewards for our eligible employees:
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits and an integrated Wellness Program.
- 401(k) Match Retirement Savings Plan.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Holiday Pay & Floating Holidays.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO).
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement).
- Full Paid Parental and Adoption Leave.
- LifeWorks (Employee Assistance Program).
- Patterson Perks Program.
Why Join Patterson?
Click here to see what it’s like to be a part of our winning team! Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
As a people-first company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees’ unique experiences and differences are what strengthen us and drive our success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We are Patterson. We welcome you. #WeArePatterson
- Inventory Control Clerk 2nd shift South Bend, Indiana
- Support Specialist Tier 1 (Remote - IL ONLY) Effingham, Illinois, Chicago, Illinois, Champaign, Illinois, Bloomington, Illinois, Bolingbrook, Illinois, Elmhurst, Illinois, Moline, Illinois, Peoria, Illinois, Springfield, Illinois, Warrenville, Illinois, Gurnee, Illinois, Oak Park, Illinois
- Agricultural Engineer Greeley, Colorado, Fort Collins, Colorado
- Service Technician Atlanta, Georgia
- Service Technician Fargo, North Dakota
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.