Veterinary Medical Capital Equipment SpecialistJob Location Ocala, Florida Job ID 2021-11866
At Patterson Companies, our sales representatives provide products, equipment, technology and innovative solutions to help dental and animal health professionals across North America care for their clients and advance their businesses. We’re looking for sales professionals who:
- Are committed to developing and maintaining strong business relationships
- Bring a customer-first approach to providing recommendations and solutions
- Use sound strategies and a creative approach to drive sales and provide exceptional service
Establish your new sales career at Patterson Companies where you can achieve your professional goals while helping our customers succeed.
- Hours:Full Time
- Experience: Mid-level
- Travel: Occasional to Regular
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful sales representative at Patterson Companies? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical thinker
Health and Well-being
Retirement and Savings Program
Employee Discount Programs
Working at Patterson
“My favorite part of being a Patterson rep is having business meetings to ask pertinent questions to unveil our client’s needs, struggles, and desires and follow up with solutions to build rapport and trust for long lasting relationships.” – Tim A., Dental Sales Representative
“As a Patterson sales rep, every day brings new challenges but familiar faces. I get to team up with an incredible inside support staff and many manufacturer representatives to bring unparalleled support to the doctors and practices we serve.” – Kristi H., Dental Sales Representative
“With Patterson’s support, it allows me to help the customer develop effective businesses and production practices by delivering the latest information on products, programs, protocols and innovation that helps them maximize their business outcomes.”
– Doug S., Animal Health International Sales Representative
Consults with the territory managers to develop branch equipment sales, veterinary office designs, and installations to achieve budgeted sales volume and other established goals, including increasing market penetration and maintaining acceptable gross profit levels on all equipment sales. The territory for this role encompasses the Panhandle area of Florida and Southern Georgia.
Major Duties - Equipment Expert working as part of a team to provide a total practice solution.
- Actively prospects, pursues and closes equipment sales in sales 28 and 29.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with branch manager, territory managers, customers, vendors, and other Company personnel.
- Consults with territory managers, branch manager and customers to assess and meet customer's equipment needs.
- Ensures appropriate paperwork is completed and financial arrangements are secured to complete sales.
- Work with hospital design consultant to deliver an effective design of new and existing medical offices to the customer.
- Coordinates and arranges efficient equipment delivery and installations.
- Responsible for training doctors and staff in the use of equipment.
- Assists in maintaining proper level of demonstration equipment inventory.
- Coordinates, participates in, and supports equipment events, marketing activities, meetings and events.
- Provides work direction to service technicians at equipment installations.
- Professionally represents the Company in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Attend all Patterson Vet meetings including the National and Branch level.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree is preferred.
- Proven successful track record in sales (preferably selling dental, veterinary, or rehabilitation products).
- Skillful negotiation and presentation abilities.
- Ability to work and contribute to a team environment
- Ability to follow up and close sales.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Computer skills required.
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) skills and basic mechanical knowledge helpful.
We provide competitive benefits, unique incentive programs and rewards for all eligible employees.
Please click herefor an overview of benefits offered.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
As a people-first company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees’ unique experiences and differences are what strengthen us and drive our success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We are Patterson. We welcome you.
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why Join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.