Fleet Driver-CDL/HazmatJob Location Ontario, California Job ID 2021-11500 Apply
Who are we looking for as a Fleet Driver?
Animal Health International, a Patterson Company, has an IMMEDIATE NEED FOR A CDL FLEET DRIVER W/HAZMAT to join our team!
Why join Animal Health International?
This is your chance to set your career in motion! Our future is full of exciting possibilities, and so is yours as part of our team. We believe that work shouldn't be something that you do just to make ends meet. It should provide satisfaction and an opportunity to make a real difference!
Through its subsidiaries, Animal Health International, Inc. provides animal health products and services to customers in the food animal and companion animal markets worldwide. We are a recognized leader in our industry.
Our employees share a determination to make a difference, to enhance business success and to drive innovation where and whenever possible. We are not only looking for competent, qualified contributors, but employees who want to grow personally and professionally throughout their careers. We are in search of the best and the brightest minds to help fulfill our mission. We offer opportunities that allow you to apply and develop your strengths and we leverage your strengths to help us remain a major leader in our industry. We value the diverse thought and innovative ideas you can bring to the company.
The Animal Health International, Inc. Family of Companies is the right choice for individuals with exceptional ethics, integrity and long-term vision. We promote an atmosphere that encourages personal and professional development. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a great working environment in locations throughout the United States and Canada. Animal Health International is an EEO/AA/M/F/D/V employer and participates in the Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program, an internet-based employment eligibility verification system.
Fleet Driver Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Aligning with the Company’s Mission, Guiding Principles, Values, Goals and Objectives
- Driving assigned vehicle and delivering/picking up products
- Collecting money from customers and helping resolve service complaints
- Loading and unloading assigned vehicle
- Operating all of the warehouse equipment/machinery
- Achieving assigned performance metrics and KPIs
- Helping maintain a secure, organized, clean, and safe warehouse and vehicle
- Handling all hazardous materials, pesticides, and prescription drugs according to Company’s processes/procedures and all applicable laws and regulations
- Assuring routine maintenance is performed on assigned vehicle and vehicle is in a good and safe condition at all times
- Knowledge of overall fleet driving operations responsibility and expectations
- Job and industry knowledge
Other Fleet Driver Duties/Responsibilities:
Demonstrated exceptional performance in:
- Managing time effectively, meeting personal goals and fleet goals and objectives
- Performing all work in accordance with Company Safety guidelines and procedures including all required Safety and Compliance Training and regulatory licensing
- Maintaining acceptable driving record and current driver’s license at all times
- As assigned
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Exceptional ability to drive assigned vehicle and knowledge of delivery area and ability to read maps
- Exceptional proven and repeatable success with DOT documentation and adherence to timelines
- Must be bondable
- Exceptional ability to work as an effective team member and train others
- Exceptional ability to operate all of the warehouse equipment/machinery
- Exceptional problem solving skills and overall job performance
- Exceptional job knowledge, experience and time management skills to allow for minimal supervision
Education or Formal Training:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Required to obtain DOT certification
- Required to obtain Haz Mat endorsement and certification
Fleet Driver Experience:
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience as a delivery driver required
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- General office equipment
- General warehouse equipment including various lift equipment, mobile ladder, weigh scale and pallet jack/pallet cart/hand cart
- Assigned vehicle/vehicles
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Loading and unloading a vehicle
- Moving up 50% of the time, stationary position 50% of the time
- Move up to 75 lbs.
- Move hand and pallet jacks with pallets, totes or barrels weighing up to 2,500 lbs.
We provide competitive benefits, unique incentive programs and rewards for our eligible employees:
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits and an integrated Wellness Program.
- 401(k) Match Retirement Savings Plan.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Holiday Pay & Floating Holidays.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO).
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement).
- Full Paid Parental and Adoption Leave.
- LifeWorks (Employee Assistance Program).
- Patterson Perks Program.
Why Join Patterson?
Click here to see what it’s like to be a part of our winning team! Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
As a people-first company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees’ unique experiences and differences are what strengthen us and drive our success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We are Patterson. We welcome you.
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.