Pharmacy TechnicianJob Location Ontario, California Job ID 2020-11114 Apply
Who are we looking for?
Animal Health International, a Patterson Company, is seeking Full Time Pharmacy Technician to join our team!
Why join Animal Health International?
This is your chance to set your career in motion! Our future is full of exciting possibilities, and so is yours as part of our team. We believe that work shouldn't be something that you do just to make ends meet. It should provide satisfaction and an opportunity to make a real difference!
Through its subsidiaries, Animal Health International, Inc. provides animal health products and services to customers in the food animal and companion animal markets worldwide. We are a recognized leader in our industry.
Our employees share a determination to make a difference, to enhance business success and to drive innovation where and whenever possible. We are not only looking for competent, qualified contributors, but employees who want to grow personally and professionally throughout their careers. We are in search of the best and the brightest minds to help fulfill our mission. We offer opportunities that allow you to apply and develop your strengths and we leverage your strengths to help us remain a major leader in our industry. We value the diverse thought and innovative ideas you can bring to the company.
The Animal Health International, Inc. Family of Companies is the right choice for individuals with exceptional ethics, integrity and long-term vision. We promote an atmosphere that encourages personal and professional development. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a great working environment in locations throughout the United States and Canada. Animal Health International is an EEO/AA/M/F/D/V employer and participates in the Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program, an internet-based employment eligibility verification system.
Post offer pre-employment background check and drug screen are required.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Demonstrated above average performance in:
Transacting all business in accordance to Animal Health International Inc.’s business code of ethics and conduct
- Aligning with the Company’s Mission, Guiding Principles, Values, Goals and Objectives
- Performing all warehouse and pharmacy duties including picking, packing, receiving, counting, labeling, and tracking inventory
- Using all of the warehouse/pharmacy equipment/machinery
- Achieving assigned performance metrics and KPIs
- Interacting with Veterinarians and Pharmacists
- Documenting and reporting all discrepancies, damages, and the resolution process
- Proofreading, generating, and applying drug labels under the supervision of a Pharmacist
- Helping maintain a secure, organized, clean, and safe warehouse/pharmacy
- Handling all hazardous materials, pesticides, and prescription drugs according to the Company’s processes/procedures and all applicable laws and regulations
- Handling all prescription drugs according to company’s processes/procedures and all applicable laws and regulations
- Gaining knowledge of overall warehouse and pharmacy operations
- Helping schedule and implement daily operations in the pharmacy
Demonstrated above average performance in:
- Managing time effectively, meeting personal goals and objectives while working effectively with other team members
- As assigned
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Ability to safely and efficiently operate all warehouse/pharmacy equipment/machinery
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Organization and administrative skills
- Communication and problem solving skills
- Computer skills with various applications
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision and transfer knowledge to others
Education or Formal Training:
- College degree preferred, minimum high school diploma or GED required
- Pharmacy Technician Certificate
- Minimum of 3 years pharmacy experience preferred
- Background in pharmacy dispensing preferred
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- General warehouse equipment
- General office equipment
- MS Office, Shipping and proprietary software
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Move up to 75 lbs.
- Moving 50% of the time, stationary position 50% of the time
- Operate a keyboard frequently
- Frequently grasp, reach, bend, and stoop in narrow/confined spaces
Positions Reporting to This Position:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability or protected veteran status.
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.