Field Equipment Service TechnicianJob Location Phoenix, Arizona Job ID 2019-9423 Apply
Patterson Companies is looking for an independent worker who is interested in the field of veterinary medical device equipment repair, maintenance and installation.
Provides senior level of on-site repair, installation and maintenance on a variety of veterinary products. Acts as a lead or main technical field contact for other departments needing assistance. Serves as a technical contact for assistance with the training and ongoing technical support for other technicians, sales staff and administrative staff. Follows manufacturer guidelines relative to the repair of devices.
- The liaison between the equipment department and service department on installations. Oversees team duties while keeping with the jobs timeline and reports any issues back to the inside team.
- Maintains strong and supportive customer relationships by providing technical support after initial installation of Equipment, PC software, and hardware and ensuring that service commitments are met within standard response time.
- Independently conduct site surveys at veterinary practices to determine the needs of the practice.
- Assist in training and mentoring other members of the team.
- Assists management in analyzing pricing strategies and other Service Department procedures.
- Serves as a technical contact for assistance with the training and ongoing technical support for other technicians, sales staff and administrative staff.
Install and/or Repair Veterinary Equipment
- Independently responds to assigned customer service calls, diagnosing problems and making appropriate repairs.
- Repairs, loads, delivers, installs, and specs equipment to meet specific manufacturer, Federal/State, BHR guidelines
- Trains to perform standard system installations and tests the functionality of all components.
- Trains customers on the use and basic maintenance of equipment sold.
- Learns and follows specific manufacturer guidelines for repairs as well as all company, OSHA, or other agencies' policies related to asepsis.
- Completes all required service forms (work order entry, inventory, BRH forms, expense reports and/or purchase card statements, time sheet, and equipment related items).
- Relays any special problems to Service Coordinator following each call.
- Determines parts, supplies or tools needed to complete service requests.
- Uses, maintains, and secures test devices and tools used to adjust, calibrate, and repair equipment.
- Completes all required paperwork (time sheets, service orders, forms, inventory, expense reports, purchase card, and equipment related items)
- Manages vehicle inventory and restocks as necessary.
- Ensures proper vehicle maintenance guidelines and safe driving habits are followed.
- Ensures proper use and maintenance of all company provided assets, including but not limited to computer, parts, uniforms, etc.
Lifting or carrying
Frequent to continuous heavy physical activity
Up to 100 pounds
Sitting or standing
Light physical activity
Use of hands
Occasional or frequent moderate physical activity
Light physical activity
- Operating a computer or other office device (laptop at 1 hr per day)
- Talking or hearing -- "position involves frequent communication with (customers, inside staff, etc.) and requires ability to understand and effectively exchange accurate information"
- Reading or sight -- "requires frequent review of vendor contracts"
- Hazardous chemicals
- Biohazard materials or waste
- High voltage
- Confined spaces (if installation or maintenance typically involves accessing wires in sub-floor crawlspace)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Carpentry/plumbing/heating/electricity/electronics related experience.
- 6+ years prior experience in a Veterinary/Medical/Dental environment or equivalent Field Service Experience.
- Technical training in electronics or related technical field.
- C. skills in Windows based programs
- Experience with peripherals such as printers, backups, scanners, and modems.
- Strong customer service skills
- TechEdge Basic Certification
- SAP User Knowledge
- Motivated team player
- Associates degree in a computer related field.
- At least 4 years of experience as a LVT or CVT will be considered.
- Previous X-ray experience preferred
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) certification or MCP.
- TechEdge Advanced Certification
This position requires occasional travel (25%) overnight in a regional and national area.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
- Part-time Material Handler Roanoke, Texas
- Material Handler - Part time Roanoke, Texas
- Manager, Information Security Risk and Compliance Saint Paul, Minnesota
- SAP Functional Manager - Customer Experience Greeley, Colorado
- Seasonal Inoculant Service Technician Hereford, Texas
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
The Patterson Companies Difference
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.