Service TechnicianJob Location Phoenix, Arizona Job ID 2021-11554
As a service technician for Patterson Companies you will install, maintain and repair equipment for either our dental or animal health customers. In this role you can expect to:
- Solve new, exciting challenges every day – from troubleshooting and diagnosing issues to training office staff on newly installed equipment
- Work independently
- Expand your technical knowledge while building rewarding, long-lasting customer relationships
We’re looking for technical professionals who have a general mechanical aptitude, solid problem-resolution skills, and a strong desire to provide excellent service. If you aspire to work for an industry leader, apply today!
- Hours:Full Time
- Experience: Mid-level
- Travel: Occasional to Regular
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful service technician at Patterson Companies? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Mechanically minded
- Technical aptitude
- Solution oriented
Health and Well-being
Retirement and Savings Program
Employee Discount Programs
Working at Patterson
“It is wonderful working with a team that is professional and customer experience oriented. Also, good management that truly cares about developing each employee to their best and beyond.” – Tom S., Dental Service Technician
“Being a Navy veteran, I find a very similar sense of comradery amongst other service technicians at Patterson. Everyone is eager to help, at any time.” – Mark L., Dental Service Technician
“Working for Patterson Veterinary has given me more passion to help people and animals.” – Juan G., Veterinary Service Technician
“My job at Animal Health International gives me the opportunity to work independently with the guide of competent and helpful supervisors.” – Clinton C., Animal Health International Service Technician
Provides repair and on-site installation on a variety of Veterinary equipment. Learns and follows manufacturer guidelines relative to the operation, repair, maintenance and installation of equipment.
Essential Functions (Major Duties)
Install, Maintain and/or Repair Veterinary Equipment
· Independently responds to assigned customer service calls, diagnosing problems and making appropriate repairs.
· Repairs, loads, delivers, installs, and specs equipment to meet specific manufacturer, Federal and State regulations.
· Trains to perform standard system installations and tests the functionality of all components.
· Trains customers on the use and basic maintenance of equipment at the customers site.
· Learns and follows specific manufacturer guidelines for repairs as well as all company, OSHA, or other agencies' policies related to asepsis.
· Completes all required service forms (service order, confirmations, inventory, expense reports, time sheet, and equipment related items).
· Maintains strong and supportive customer relationships by providing technical support after initial installation of Equipment, PC software, and hardware and ensuring that service commitments are met within standard response time.
· Maintain relevant communication with Service Coordinator, Equipment Specialist and Territory Manager.
· Determines parts, supplies or tools needed to complete service requests.
· Uses, maintains, and secures test devices and tools used to adjust, calibrate, and repair equipment.
· Manages vehicle inventory and restocks as necessary.
· Physical inventory audits on a bi-annual basis.
- Ensures proper vehicle maintenance guidelines and safe driving habits are followed.
- Ensures proper use and maintenance of all company provided assets, including but not limited to phone, computer, parts, tools and uniforms.
Performs all other duties as assigned.
Ethics & Integrity: Acts consistently and makes decisions in the organization’s best interest.
Customer Focus: Makes customers and their needs the primary focus of one’s actions.
Drive for Results: Demonstrates drive, determination, and ownership to achieve both results and success.
Technical Expertise: Demonstrates and maintains technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas.
Problem Solving: Uses logic and analytical methods to identify solutions resulting in effective problem resolution.
Self-Management: Manages time and resources and balances competing demands to ensure work is completed.
Collaboration: Works effectively with others to achieve a common goal.
Lifting or carrying
Frequent to continuous heavy physical activity
Up to 100 pounds
Sitting or standing
Light physical activity
Use of hands
Occasional or frequent moderate physical activity
Light physical activity
- Operating a computer or other office device (Laptop 1 hour per day)
- Talking or hearing -- "position involves frequent communication with (customers, inside staff, etc.) and requires ability to understand and effectively exchange accurate information"
- Reading or sight -- "requires frequent review of vendor contracts"
- Hazardous chemicals
- Biohazard materials or waste
- High voltage
- Confined spaces (if installation or maintenance typically involves accessing wires in sub-floor crawlspace)
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· 0-5 years prior experience in a Veterinary/Medical/Dental environment.
· PC skills in Windows based programs
· Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required
· Strong customer service skills
· Motivated team player
· At least 4 years of experience as a Certified, Licensed or Registered Veterinary Technician will be considered.
· Previous X-Ray experience preferred
· SAP experience
· Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
· Carpentry/plumbing/heating/electrical/electronic related experience.
· Technical training in Bio-med/electronics or related technical field.
We provide competitive benefits, unique incentive programs and rewards for all eligible employees. Please clickherefor an overview of benefits offered.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
As a people-first company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees’ unique experiences and differences are what strengthen us and drive our success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We are Patterson. We welcome you.
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why Join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.