Fulfillment Center ManagerJob Location Roanoke, Texas Job ID 2021-11555 Apply
Distribution center manager for Patterson Logistics Services.
- Manages daily activities of a fulfillment center/distribution center. Monitors inventory integrity, minimize loss and manage expenses to maximize revenue. Ensures that goods are dispatched on time to the appropriate destinations to our customer’s satisfaction.
- May be responsible for evaluating freight services, negotiating contracts, and managing relationships with chosen vendors.
- Responsible for managing 3-8 direct reports and 50 -200 indirect reports.
- Reports to Region Manager and provides regular updates on FC progress and issues encountered.
- Responsible for all regulatory compliance of the facility.
- Full P&L and budgeting responsibility for the location
- Customer experience:The role of a Fulfillment Center Manager is to ensure the right products are delivered to the right places on time. Establish strong relationships with regional sales team serviced by the Fulfillment Center. Work to resolve customer issues effectively and efficiently as they arise.
- Leadership: the ability to lead or guide individuals and teams to meet company strategy and goals. Acts as Human Resource liaison for Fulfillment Center employees.
- Employee Development: Work with FC Leadership Team to provide various training programs to enhance employee skills to acquire new knowledge and skills. Must identify high potential candidates that will build the bench strength of the Fulfillment Center and develop these individuals.
- Distribution Activities
- Plan, direct, and control activities of the distribution department from receiving, put away, picking and shipping
- Insure all orders received before order cut-off are processed and shipped according to customer requested.
- Analyze the daily receiving and put away status on hand
- Review and analyze productivity reports and dashboards identifying and implementing opportunities for improvement.
- Manage and monitor all activities of Inventory control and maintenance.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Prerequisite: Attributes of ethical behaviors, high personal standards, and sound work ethic all employers should expect of employees.
Action Oriented: Initiating action with a drive to achieve and to be successful in whatever they attempt. High energy with a desire to stay busy and engaged.
Collaboration: Understanding the importance of relationships to enabling effective teamwork. Modifying personal style, focusing on the needs of others, and listening effectively to ensure effective outcomes for group endeavors.
Communications: Interacting with others through verbal and non-verbal means to present information in an engaging and understandable manner. The use of listening and other attending behaviors to gain a shared understanding of the topic at hand.
Flexibility: Adapting to changing demands and circumstances without difficulty. Maintaining composure and effectiveness under demanding circumstances.
Interpersonal Effectiveness: Interacting well with others to achieve goals with minimal conflict and confrontation.
Self-Managed: Using personal management skills to effectively complete tasks necessary to the success of the organization in an orderly manner. Organizing details and bringing order to complex and competing demands.
Customer Engagement: Engaging external customers and internal resources to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes in a way that provides an optimal experience for the customer.
Results Focused: This leader collaborates with their team on setting standards on how the group will be measured and then effectively communicates to all employees how those standard will be assessed. They motivate their team to work together to achieve group goals. They find and retain the best talent available
Decision Making: Making high quality decisions in a timely manner, usually with less data and analysis than might be desired.
Business Acumen: Knowledge of general business practices as well as knowledge of the organization’s functioning. An understanding of organizational culture and the ability to function effectively within its social structure.
This position requires:
- Occasional physical activity
- Standing/walking 6-8 hours daily
- Work 6-8 hours per day in a temperature controlled warehouse.
Travel and On-Call:
- This position requires up to quarterly travel for manager meetings and training
FC Manager is part of on-call rotation for security concerns, response to temp monitoring, employee related issues/concerns, and all other reasons that would require emergency attention from the manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Five or more years’ experience in distribution and management
- Bachelor degree in management or related field preferred
- 10 plus years working in a logistics operation(s)
- NGS EWM experience – 2 years
Knowledge and skills
Expert knowledge of all information systems used in the course of daily business (FC computerized order and inventory system, PC applications for word processing, spreadsheets, and databases).
We provide competitive benefits, unique incentive programs and rewards for all eligible employees.
Please click herefor an overview of benefits offered.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
As a people-first company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees’ unique experiences and differences are what strengthen us and drive our success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We are Patterson. We welcome you.
- Fulfillment Center Manager Roanoke, Texas
- Fleet Driver-CDL/Hazmat Ontario, California
- Field Support Technician Sterling, Colorado
- Material Handler I Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Software Engineer II - Turnkey Computer Systems *Remote Opportunity* Amarillo, Texas
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why Join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.