Business AnalystJob Location Saint Paul, Minnesota Job ID 2019-9613 Apply
The Business analyst will be responsible for the daily administration of supplier contracts and notifications. As a Business Analyst you will work directly with suppliers to ensure the timely and accurate administration of contracts, and the resolution of issues. Monitor both supplier compliance with contractual obligations and production trends through analytics and root cause analysis. Provide recommendations to management for process improvements based on analytical findings. Perform reconciliation and analysis of accounting information for complex suppliers and customers.
- Evaluates contract compliance and advises others on contractual rights and obligations.
- Support the merchandise and marketing team with critical data analysis that helps category managers make profitable decisions.
- Uses critical thinking, data analysis, research, and contract compliance knowledge to provide exceptional customer service.
- Perform reconciliation and analysis of accounting information for complex suppliers and customers.
- Requests or approves period and pricing amendments to contract terms or contract extensions.
- Prepares bids or requests for proposals (RFPs), including specifications and requirements; negotiates contract terms and participates in the determination of acceptable bids.
- Communicate regularly with suppliers and product management to build relationships and resolve issues.
- Demonstrates good judgment and analytical skills. Raises process/solution improvement ideas.
- Communicates accurate and timely status of requests, issues, risks and scope changes.
- Performs analytics, identifies production trends, and provides appropriate reporting to management.
- Performs other business analyst duties as required.
Business Analyst Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business (Finance, Accounting, Management) strongly preferred or equivalent business and industry experience.
- Minimum 1 -3 years related business experience in Customer Service, Contract Administration, Accounting, Financial, or dental industry.
- Advanced knowledge in MS Access and Excel.
- Expertise in MS SQL Server including ability to write SQL Queries.
- Experience should involve transactional processing, monitoring customer compliance, problem solving, research, and analysis.
- Proven track record in successfully maintaining key accounts, as well as research and analysis capabilities.
- Strong communication skills.
- Team player and agile learner.
Business Analyst Preferred Qualifications:
- Exposure to Vistex, SAP reporting, and CRM.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
- SAP Functional Manager - Customer Experience Greeley, Colorado
- Seasonal Inoculant Service Technician Hereford, Texas
- Inventory Control Clerk South Bend, Indiana
- Service Technician II - Dental Lenexa, Kansas, Kirksville, Missouri, Lake Ozark, Missouri
- Territory Sales Representative Santa Maria, California
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
The Patterson Companies Difference
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.