Digital AnalystJob Location Saint Paul, Minnesota Job ID 2019-8944 Apply
The Digital Marketing Analyst is responsible for analyzing campaign data, Ecommerce sales and performance, paid search and social, overall site, campaign, and channel metrics to discover actionable insights that result in recommendations for improving the site experience, campaign performance, lead generation, and purchase.
This role will also be a key in the maintenance of all reporting and will lead the efforts to optimize/build a powerful lead generation infrastructure. This will include managing complex reporting, paid search and social set up,creating and owning dashboards, and providing meaningful insights in addition to partnering with other digital analysts on technical elements of tagging, testing, closed loop lead insights, and ongoing hygiene of the metrics platform.
The Analyst will also educate stakeholders on best practices, be an advocate for the importance of data driven decision making, and have a curiosity to uncover meaningful insights that will benefit customers and the business. This includes partnering closely with product managers on the ongoing measurement and optimization of capabilities.
- Lead the efforts to optimize lead generation infrastructure including ROI reporting in conjunction with Sales Operations and Customer Marketing around lead scoring, lead management, and pipeline contribution.
- Work with channel teams and tools to deliver a robust scalable marketing funnel that drives high-growth lead generation and opportunity/closed/won opportunities
- Serve as a key leader, working with resources across the organization focused on lead generation and measure report on: acquisition, nurture, scoring, qualifying, and handing off the leads to sales, BU, and tele-qualifying teams
- Design scalable marketing funnel dashboard that drives high-growth lead generation: new leads, scored leads, and qualified leads (appointments) that quickly convert into sales opportunities and closed/won deals.
- Work with the broader marketing and channel teams to establish standards for secondary demand gen performance metrics to track performance and demonstrate continuous improvement
- Partner with Campaign Project Manager and Marketing Managers on paid search and social best practices-monitoring budget and ad performance to audit and recommend changes to strategies or spend
- Utilize strong project management skills to track and deliver critical marketing system projects on time
- Analyze and report on executive dashboards and reports, key performance indicators (KPI’s) ,on channel and campaign performance and conversion metrics, including long-term traffic trends, customer journey insights, product and/or page performance, new vs existing customer and online customer engagement, audience segments, and the results of online marketing initiatives
- Ensure data integrity and accuracy of all online and web analytics data via the continual monitoring, assessment, and auditing of site and program tags and alerts.
- Extract and analyze web data, business performance metrics, and other multichannel data from many sources - online and offline, both qualitative and quantitative, and including the segmentation of customers, acquisition sources, video, email, and social.
- Assist in configuring web analytics data to recognize patterns and trends and make recommendations intended to increase traffic, conversions, and revenue.
- Create scalable, innovative approaches to extracting, managing, and analyzing customer data and drive automated reporting.
- Translate web analytics data into actionable insights that inform user experience design across strategic business decisions to maximize budget and impact.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis as necessary to answer business questions to help drive decisions
- Translate business KPI’s and goals into tagging specifications
- Build a knowledge base of insights, best practices, and evergreen processes.
- Educate and empower stakeholders to leverage analytics as a tool for recognizing sales and service opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical discipline or related field of study.
- At least 3 years of experience in an analytics focused role, using relational databases
- At least 2 years of experience using Google Tag Manager or similar tag management
- Ability to interpret data and analyze results to generate insights.
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to collaborate effectively with business teams and developers.
- Expert in MS applications: Excel (pivot tables/v lookups), PowerPoint and Word, Google 360 Suite, Tableau
- Experience with database queries
- Experience or certification in Paid Search and Social preferred
- Knowledge of Adwords set up and best practices
- Proven experience in transforming analytics into concise and actionable reports
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Multi-tasking, results oriented individual with ability to identify dependencies, and leverage multiple sources of information at once
- Ability to prioritize and respond to analytics requests in a fast-paced environment
- Intellectually curious and excited to roll up your sleeve to learn new things
- Ability to provide guidance and training on the usage of web analytics for business units
- Possess an understanding of online attribution in relation to marketing automation or email systems and how they tie into back-end CRM systems
- Experience with A/B and multivariate testing a plus.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
The Patterson Companies Difference
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.