HR ManagerJob Location Saint Paul, Minnesota Job ID 2020-11178 Apply
The HR Manager serves as a strategic Business Partner to assigned leaders with responsibility for workforce and succession planning and talent and performance management activities. Identifies and provides business-focused HR solutions that drive effective results through the alignment of initiatives to strategic goals. Responsible for raising the level of organizational performance.
This role manages and will lead HR initiatives in our Production Animal business, ensuring full implementation of all processes, practices and programs. This role is supported by an HR team with benefits, compensation, and talent acquisition specialists. It will also support the design and implementation of HR processes, practices, programs and initiatives.
Organizational Effectiveness & Development:
- Works with business leadership to identify key business objectives and identify HR implications of those objectives. Helps align short and long-term business and HR objectives and work plans.
- Works with leaders to efficiently and effectively execute all Human Resources processes including HR Planning, Performance Management, Development, Talent Reviews and Compensation
- Acts as the trusted advisor to managers to assist them in carrying out their plans and meeting goals
- Identifies and capitalizes on opportunities to drive change. Facilitates change management initiatives
- Works with business leaders to plan, develop and implement concrete people strategies and provides leadership in the change process to create a productive culture focused on and accountable for results, stronger collaboration and teamwork and fully engages and develops team members.
- Presents options on organizational structure, roles & responsibilities and staffing levels
- Consults with managers to understand training and development needs, to identify trends, patterns and present recommendations
- Provides guidance to management on strategies to effectively manage employee performance to reduce the risk of employment litigation, increase employee engagement, and minimize turnover
- Administers and enforces various HR policies and procedures, trains employees on HR policies, procedures and programs
- Utilize key HR and business metrics to help drive decisions
- In conjunction with the Annual Review Process, conducts workforce planning discussions that include: evaluation of market demands and challenges, competency requirements identification, organizational design and gap strategies.
- Advises management on strategies designed to maintain consistent treatment and compliance with employment laws to create an environment that encourages employee creativity and innovation.
- Works closely with hiring manager and talent acquisition partner to establish position requirements, necessary skills & competencies for current & future needs, creates successful recruitment strategies including sourcing
- Proactively consults with functional business leaders to diagnose and analyze current and future talent needs, to create a strategic workforce plan, and proactively manages ongoing execution against workforce plan
- Participates on interview teams
- Consults with managers on pay-related decisions including merit increases, incentive recommendations, career-related and other adjustments
- Work with leadership team member during annual planning to ensure alignment of rewards to performance, and that rewards are used as organizational levers
- Leads calibration sessions with leaders to align pay for performance practices and ensure consistent application of evaluation criteria
- Analyzes internal trends as well as practices of other companies to make recommendations to management to ensure the Company remains competitive and is able to attract/retain qualified employees
- Assist managers with all aspects of the annual performance management and development process including coaching on effective documentation practices.
- Ensures legal compliance and provide constructive feedback to evaluator to improve quality of evaluation where necessary
- Makes recommendations to managers regarding development opportunities for employees.
- Advises management on strategies designed to maintain consistent treatment and compliance with employment laws to create an environment that encourages employee creativity and innovation
- Participates in professional development sessions or seminars
- Works on special projects
- Leads special and cross-functional project teams
- Perform other HR Manager duties as assigned
- Ability to travel up to 15%.
- Bachelor degree in Human Resource Management or other business field required.
- PHR, SPHR certification preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of related HR Business Partnering / OD experience or equivalent.
- Experience working in a decentralized environment preferred.
- Broad understanding of employment law and human resource policies, procedures and practices.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including confidentiality, interpersonal skills, presentation skills and an ability to use a variety of communication tools. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, especially senior managers and other key decision makers.
- The ability to diagnose problems and identify & implement appropriate solutions.
- The ability to work collaboratively on teams and consult effectively and independently with all levels of the organization.
- Strong ability to multi-task, take initiative, negotiate, and influence thinking.
- Demonstrated flexibility working in dynamic and changing organization
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationship with all internal contacts/coworkers.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize many tasks and complete tasks with accuracy and efficiency.
- Possesses strategic thinking and planning/facilitation ability, and flexibility to function in a fast paced and innovative environment. The ability to dive into the details will be critical for success.
- Must be highly motivated self-starter and be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Proven skill in the operation and utilization of software such as HRIS and MS Office products i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.