Principal Software Engineer - CMSJob Location Saint Paul, Minnesota Job ID 2019-9428 Apply
The Principal Software Engineer role is accountable for the development and implementation of standards and processes around definition, development, test, analysis, and maintenance of software applications in support of the business. This includes processes and standards on writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications. The Principal Software Engineer will also lead the effort to research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the development life cycle, particularly related to CMS-based applications.
You will be part of a highly visible team leading the way in building great digital experiences for our customers. This role will be part of a dynamic and collaborative environment working to transform our digital business.
Software Development: Leads the research, identifies, analyzes, and fulfills requirements of all internal and external stakeholders for new or existing software applications. Identifies risk and recommendations, drives the software engineering schedule, and leads the effort in performing software improvements and upgrades. Is accountable for well written code to enhance functionality and/or performance of software applications and for oversight of software testing on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors and general debugging. Collaborates with architects to develop, maintain code quality, and architecture standards.
Project Team Work: Drives the definition of software development project plans, including scoping, estimates, and implementation. Is accountable for standards and reusable process development for all software engineering. Provides technical advice, instruction and training to software engineers with less experience. Provide guidance, support, and technical details for new and existing application integrations and feature development.
Issue Resolution: Drives highest level support for incoming incident tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues. Collaborates with peers, managers and customers to resolve problems with software products or company software systems. Is accountable for delivering solutions to problem areas.
Planning: Partner with operations, infrastructure and DevOps teams to design and deploy services into both new and existing Microsoft Azure and on-premise environments using an agile software development methodology. Participate in the planning, design, and development of technology roadmaps.
System Maintenance: Partner with Infrastructure and DevOps teams to successfully maintain Patterson’s content management systems with planned maintenance, upgrades, and end-user support.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Sciences, Mathematics, Engineering, Business, or area of functional responsibility preferred, or a combination of equivalent education and experience
- At least 7 years of programming experience required. Extensive experience in all aspects of application development and project life cycle, with at least 3 years of experience working with or administering ASP.NET based CMS systems
- Excellent understanding and proven experience of coding methods and best practices
- Proven experience in object oriented programming and in multiple development technologies with proven ability to maintain software products written in different languages and platforms
- Fluent with .Net/C# and related development tools
- Proficient with SQL and NoSQL technologies
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Deep experience using source code management system
- Proficiency with office productivity tools such as Microsoft Excel, Word and Visio
- Working knowledge of MS Azure, ASP.Net and web/mobile development
- Working knowledge of Agile Scrum development methodology across multiple locations
- Experience with Microservice Architectures
- Experience with Vue.js and Webpack
- Experience working with DevOps teams
- Experience with Kentico 11.0 or later
- Experience with “Headless” CMS applications
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability or protected veteran status.
- Business Warehouse Developer III Eagan, Minnesota
- Principal Architect Eagan, Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Principal Software Engineer - CMS Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Material Handler II Liberty, Missouri, Kansas City, Missouri
- Inventory Supervisor Blythewood, South Carolina
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
The Patterson Companies Difference
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.