Sales Training ManagerJob Location Saint Paul, Minnesota Job ID 2019-9455 Apply
The Sales Training Manager is responsible for managing the training and development of the Dental field sales organization. This includes the design, development and the delivery of comprehensive sales training with an emphasis on new hire training programs. In partnership with Dental leadership, the Sales Training Manager will identify, prioritize, and recommend training content to best support the objectives of the Dental organization. This role also will regularly monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of training materials, and identify how to best utilize a variety of training delivery methods.
- Own all aspects of the Essentials of Dental Sales new hire training program, including content design, development of training materials, support ongoing training for new hires after they complete Essentials of Dental Sales training.
- Identify learning opportunities for veteran sales professionals.
- Partner with Dental leadership to develop and implement the overall sales training strategy that maximizes performance and sales results.
- Manage a variety of training delivery methods including live (online and in-person), e-learning programs and on-demand courses, as well as make delivery recommendations for training programs.
- Lead the design, development and deployment of national, regional and local sales training as directed in various blended learning formats.
- Develop evaluations to measure training effectiveness and provide metrics for management review.
- Use feedback and evaluations to continually analyze and assess training effectiveness to identify revisions, enhancements or new training opportunities.
- Partner with Marketing on the strategy, development, delivery of sales training related to featured products/services as directed
- Partner and collaborate with Corporate Training team on key projects and initiatives when appropriate.
- Consistently increase knowledge industry trends while keeping pace with training and development innovation.
Minimum Sales Training Manager Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
- 3 - 5 years of progressive experience in sales training, including design, development and delivery of trainings.
- Experience in partnering with subject matter experts (SMEs) to produce training materials.
- Experience with non-traditional training delivery including e-learning and live online delivery.
- Knowledge of principles of adult learning.
- Advanced communication skills – oral, written and presentation ability.
- Proficient in MS Office (Power Point, Excel, Word, Outlook) and WebEx or other online meeting tools.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team-oriented approach and ability to establish rapport quickly and collaborate effectively with all employee levels.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 20%.
Preferred Sales Training Manager Qualifications:
- Sales training certifications.
- Previous experience deploying content via a learning management system (LMS).
- Training of field-based B2B sales professionals.
- Experience with sales process training.
- Experience with SAP.
- Sales or other customer-facing experience.
- Knowledge of the dental industry.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
- Part-time Material Handler Roanoke, Texas
- Material Handler - Part time Roanoke, Texas
- Manager, Information Security Risk and Compliance Saint Paul, Minnesota
- SAP Functional Manager - Customer Experience Greeley, Colorado
- Seasonal Inoculant Service Technician Hereford, Texas
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
The Patterson Companies Difference
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.