Senior Business AnalystJob Location Saint Paul, Minnesota Job ID 2018-8624 Apply
The Senior Business Analyst designs and implements the processes and standards around the Business Analyst work done at the company. This includes leading the effort in analyzing business and technical processes, is accountable for documenting business requirements, defines changes to business processes and works with the business in modifying them, configures, tests and implements enterprise-wide business systems.
The position requires the ability to interview senior business partners and customers to define high level and detailed business requirements. Is accountable on large projects for the mapping of current processes to the desired state and ensures gaps are well documented, such as program functions, output requirements, input requirements and sources, data conversion strategies, and system techniques and controls. Where appropriate, drives the translation of business requirements to functional specifications and technical requirements. Also, this position, leads the effort in coordinating with business and technology teams to provision and test business systems to ensure they meet the established requirements.
Documentation & Requirements:
• Defines business needs by analyzing and documenting business processes including as-is and future models; analyses and identification of existing gaps; includes research, planning, writing user cases and project overviews, plus any supporting documentation.
• Gather requirements from customers to identify desired needs.
• Drive the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
• Conduct research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
• Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
• Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems, and other post-implementation support.
• Prepare project and system related documentation consistent with standards and procedures outlined in the applicable development methodologies.
• Serve as a liaison between IT, vendors and the supported business areas.
• Communicate effectively with management to enhance their understanding of the opportunities and limitations of information systems.
• Provide updates and communication to customers, management and IT; escalate issues as appropriate.
• Understand the various business entities and cross divisional relationships.
• Facilitate meetings in the business area to review business processes and identify information system requirements and/or needs.
Analysis: Analytical skill is the ability to visualize, articulate, and solve complex problems and concepts, and make decisions that make sense based on available information.
Communication: Actively listens and communicates clearly and effectively both verbally and non-verbally. Understands the importance of relationships to ensure team success; demonstrates compassion and understanding; open to other view points in the interest of achieving best possible outcomes. Builds positive relationships, uses tact in sensitive situations; listens well to various points of view; relates well to others at all levels.
Innovation: Utilizes a multifaceted approach to problem solving; rapidly assimilates data/information to generate new ideas; is comfortable with being an early adopter of new ideas, methods, technologies; remains current with new trends and ideas.
Action Orientation: Takes initiative and action with a drive to achieve and be successful; seeks out challenging situations; encourages others with positive and energetic support and enthusiasm.
Business Acumen: Understands and applies general business practices where appropriate; ability to articulate business value propositions to customers, supervisors, and peers.
Results Focused: Ability to define and create visibility around success metrics and how they will be measured; proactively seeks out progress updates from team members to ensure risk mitigation to defined success criteria; willingness to put forth the necessary effort to ensure challenges and obstacles are overcome and keep projects on track.
Interpersonal Effectiveness: Maintains credibility by following through with commitments; Takes responsibility for mistakes; exhibits professional and appropriate emotional response to situations.
• Bachelor's Degree in MIS, IT, Computer Science or a related industry degree preferred or a combination of equivalent education and experience
• 5+ years of industry experience in analysis and documentation of Business Systems and the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products
• Experience leading analysis activities on large and complex projects
• Ability to work effectively within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced changing environment -- multi-tasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner
• Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization
• Strong organizational, attention to detail and task follow-up skills. Adept at handling multiple assignments in a timely manner and meeting assigned deadlines
• Demonstrated project management skills and project management software skills.
• Strong understanding of the organization's goals and objectives
• Fluent with Agile methodologies, including Scrum
• Experience defining requirements for customer-facing or commercial web applications
• Strong negotiations and collaboration skills with Development teams and Business partners
• Working knowledge of processes related UAT, ATP and feature validation
• Experience as a Developer is a plus
• Experience building reports or business analytics is a plus
• Strong analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong listening and interpersonal skills
• Keen attention to detail
• Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required
• Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
• Highly self-motivated and directed
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
The Patterson Companies Difference
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.