Senior Counsel - TechnologyJob Location Saint Paul, Minnesota Job ID 2020-11004 Apply
This role will partner with business leaders and be responsible for supporting and advising on a wide range of legal issues related to the company’s technology offerings in Dental, Animal Health and Veterinary units. The primary objective of the role is to assist internal stakeholders in advancing business priorities in the area of technology products and intellectual property while balancing the best interests of Patterson and minimizing potential legal risks and liabilities.
- Provide primary commercial legal support for Patterson’s technology products
- Additional legal support for Intellectual Property portfolio, IT shared services, and trademarks
- Significant review and drafting of end user license agreements, subscription agreements, on-premise and cloud-based solutions, joint venture offerings, beta programs, e-commerce platforms, interface arrangements, product development, customer orders and related terms and conditions and other matters as assigned
- Provide legal guidance to product managers and senior leadership enterprise-wide
- Ensure compliance of Patterson’s policies and procedures with applicable laws and regulations in the context of Patterson-owned technology
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Juris Doctor required, from an accredited law school and Minnesota bar admission.
- 10+ years of relevant technology and industry experience, including experience as in-house technology counsel to a large organization.
- Firm and in-house experience preferred.
- Excellent contract negotiation and drafting skills.
- Strong strategic leadership and management skills which include a hands-on style and leading by example.
- Strong legal and business skills to meet the immediate needs of the company while building the basis for achievement of the company’s longer-term goals.
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees at all level of an organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to prioritize effectively and process a high volume of work timely.
- Good analytical skills and an ability to advise a diverse range of clients.
- Self-starter with proven ability to make independent and sound decisions with great communication skills, reliable judgment on when to seek guidance or subject matter expertise and a strong ability to build rapport.
- Distribution or similar company experience is a plus.
- International experience is a plus.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.