Senior Internal AuditorJob Location Saint Paul, Minnesota Job ID 2019-8984 Apply
As a Senior Internal Auditor for Patterson Companies, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills and experiences, as well as learn about our entire Company, through a variety of audit activities and projects. The Senior Internal Auditor plays an active role throughout all stages of an audit engagement, applying an analytical mindset to make meaningful impacts to the business and add value. A Senior Internal Auditor will demonstrate professional curiosity, a continuous improvement mindset, and the desire and aptitude to rapidly learn new skills. Individuals in this role are comfortable with changes in workload and the focus of that work. The candidate will also exemplify the highest degree of trust and integrity by continually upholding the principles of professional standards.
- Participate in audit risk assessment and audit plan development activities
- Plan and execute assigned Internal Audit projects, including operational audits, integrated operational/IT audits, SOX assessments / testing, investigations, and special projects
- Summarize and present audit/project results to Internal Audit management and business partners; assist with other senior leadership presentations, as assigned
- Advise business partners regarding risks, internal controls, and process improvement opportunities during projects
- Provide assistance to external auditors during audit, as assigned
- Lead assigned projects, including Internal Audit quality assessment activities
- Supervise less experienced auditors during projects
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 3+ years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience auditing/assessing business processes and related risks and controls for large companies
- 1+ years of experience leading audit projects
- Demonstrated ability to independently identify gaps in controls and provide value-adding recommendations to effectively mitigate risks during projects
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and apply understanding of internal audit processes, SOX, and internal controls when executing projects
- Proven ability to produce high-quality deliverables in a timely manner with appropriate oversight
- Able to independently anticipate and resolve obstacles in a timely manner
- Demonstrated verbal/written communication skills and ability to effectively present information to business partners
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with business partners, while maintaining appropriate independence
- Demonstrated ability to supervise less experienced auditors on projects
- Able to quickly adapt to changing and dynamic environment
- Ability to travel up to 25%, depending on project assignments
- Professional certification (e.g., CPA, CIA, CISA) or working towards a professional certification
- SAP knowledge
- Experience in supply chain, the distribution industry, and/or data analytics
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
- Part-time Material Handler Roanoke, Texas
- Material Handler - Part time Roanoke, Texas
- Material Handler I Hereford, Texas
- Manager, Information Security Risk and Compliance Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Accounting Clerk Greeley, Colorado, Fort Collins, Colorado, Loveland, Colorado
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
The Patterson Companies Difference
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.