Sr Systems EngineerJob Location Saint Paul, Minnesota Job ID 2019-9929 Apply
The Senior Client Technology Systems Engineer is responsible for driving Client Technology architectural decisions and detailed design activities for Patterson’s Client Technology infrastructure platforms and Client Computing solutions. The Senior Client Technology Systems Engineer collaborates with other systems engineering team members, technology architects, operations staff, developers, and business leads to develop and deliver strategic solutions for the Patterson enterprise. The areas of focus for this role include all aspects of Client Technology architecture and Client Computing solutions, implementation, process development, and technology integration. This role collaborates on the creation and maintenance of policies and assists with the development of standards, guidelines, and procedures that are consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Drives Client Technology research and makes recommendations on system products, services, and standards. This includes the development of long-term strategic goals for enterprise technologies and platforms.
- Accountable for recommending the configuration of client system devices and corresponding software, including working with Patterson and vendor resources to develop enterprise solutions that utilize industry best practices and align with other corporate strategies.
- Drives the development of Client Technology standards, guidelines, and processes for system management, taking into account redundant systems, policies, capacity planning and procedures for disaster recovery and high availability to ensure effective protection and integrity of system appliances and stored data assets.
- Works with the Lead Client Technology Systems Engineer and Architects to incorporate changes to the systems into the standard change control, incident response, and testing processes. This also includes: anticipating, mitigating, identifying, responding to, and resolving issues with infrastructure devices and Client Computing solutions.
- Act as a leader and advocate of technology stewardship and management, including mentoring, coaching, and training.
- Work closely with all teams in technology on projects of all scopes, including complex and cross-functional efforts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Sciences, Mathematics, Engineering, Business, or area of functional responsibility preferred, or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
- 8-10 years of working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring, and supporting and management software.
- Expert understanding of architecture design techniques, theories, principles, and practices.
- Performance analysis, tuning and optimization on various hardware platforms in a large enterprise environment
- Experience as an escalation engineer with a high level of comfort with debugging complex issues.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language to all levels of management and staff.
- Experience with SCCM
- Automating software deployments / patches to > 1,000 end user devices.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability or protected veteran status.
- Inventory Control Clerk South Bend, Indiana
- Inside Sales Rep I Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- Business Warehouse Developer III Eagan, Minnesota
- Principal Architect Eagan, Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Customer Service Rep II San Diego, California
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
The Patterson Companies Difference
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.