Strategic Accounts Sales RepresentativeJob Location Saint Paul, Minnesota Job ID 2019-8839
At Patterson Companies, our sales representatives provide products, equipment, technology and innovative solutions to help dental and animal health professionals across North America care for their clients and advance their businesses. We’re looking for sales professionals who:
- Are committed to developing and maintaining strong business relationships
- Bring a customer-first approach to providing recommendations and solutions
- Use sound strategies and a creative approach to drive sales and provide exceptional service
Establish your new sales career at Patterson Companies where you can achieve your professional goals while helping our customers succeed.
- Hours:Full Time
- Experience: Mid-level
- Travel: Occasional to Regular
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful sales representative at Patterson Companies? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical thinker
Health and Well-being
Retirement and Savings Program
Employee Discount Programs
Working at Patterson
“My favorite part of being a Patterson rep is having business meetings to ask pertinent questions to unveil our client’s needs, struggles, and desires and follow up with solutions to build rapport and trust for long lasting relationships.” – Tim A., Dental Sales Representative
“As a Patterson sales rep, every day brings new challenges but familiar faces. I get to team up with an incredible inside support staff and many manufacturer representatives to bring unparalleled support to the doctors and practices we serve.” – Kristi H., Dental Sales Representative
“With Patterson’s support, it allows me to help the customer develop effective businesses and production practices by delivering the latest information on products, programs, protocols and innovation that helps them maximize their business outcomes.”
– Doug S., Animal Health International Sales Representative
What can you expect as Strategic Accounts Sales Representative position?
As a Strategic Accounts Sales Representative, you are responsible for driving profitable sales growth by prospecting and developing new business opportunities, presenting our business solution, and onboarding and advancing accounts by regularly contacting group dental offices. You will be working with our local sales teams within an assigned territory. This role will require someone to travel extensively (more than 50%) throughout the assigned territory.
Who are we looking for?
Patterson Dental is looking for motivated and passionate business-minded professionals who strive for success with a successful track record of closing business and a desire to own one’s own income potential.
Building connections for healthier communities
Patterson Companies and our dedicated teams create healthier communities by building strong partnerships, one person at a time. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services while creating a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients and their customers.
As a market leading dental and animal health company, we supply technology, products and equipment, as well as marketing, support and logistics services across North America and the U.K.
Strategic Accounts SalesRepresentative Responsibilities include:
- Have a single focus; to rapidly add new “mid-market” customers to Patterson Dental
- Collaborate and build relationships with local general managers, territory reps and specialists
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with current key Group Practice customers.
- Develop and implement clear sales strategies for all account contracts to ensure an effective roll-out to the sales organization
- Being well versed on Patterson products and services, competitive intelligence and industry information.
- Identify and implement “Value-Add” Programs based on needs of account.
- Communicate and provide customers with solutions that will position the practice for growth
- Maintaining accurate records for prospects, customer orders, sales records, and other financial activity
- Accountable for market share growth in assigned region.
- Network regionally with industry professionals, vendors and customers to develop growth opportunities and relationships
- Other duties related to the Strategic Accounts Sales Representative position.
What background and experience is needed as a Strategic Accounts SalesRepresentative?
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 to 5 years’ experience in business to business sales or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A strong business acumen and ability to lead
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, negotiating and execution skills
- Previous success attaining and exceeding sales goals
- General computer proficiency including knowledge of MS Office is required.
- You must also possess a valid driver's license.
- Willingness to travel more than 50%
- 3+ years of dental industry experience.
- Experience working with Dental Service Organizations (DSOs)
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
- Territory Sales Representative Chicago, Illinois
- Strategic Accounts Sales Representative Columbus, Ohio, Louisville, Kentucky, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Equipment Sales Specialist Detroit, Michigan
- CAD/CAM Sales Specialist - Dental New York, New York
- Territory Sales Representative Mount Pleasant, Michigan, Cadillac, Michigan
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
The Patterson Companies Difference
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.