Supplier Operations ManagerJob Location Saint Paul, Minnesota Job ID 2019-9615 Apply
The Supplier Operations Manager will be responsible for managing supplier profitability, delivery, and cost. In addition, the supplier operations manager will be oversee supplier negotiation, contract administration, supplier profitability for special market segment in dental. This individual will collaborate with category management, demand planning, sales, legal and regulatory and executive team to achieve the business units objectives and goals.
The position will report into the VP of Marketing and lead five to seven employees.
Supplier Operations Manager Responsibilites:
- Analyze all aspect of Patterson Dental operations to identify new opportunities and trends to improve supply chain performance, create technology-enabled tools, and improve the customer experience
- Develops and maintains a sourcing plan that coordinates the sourcing and contract management activities within assigned categories to deliver targeted benefits.
- Lead the development of procurement cost reduction activities for Patterson Dental’s products purchased from local country and international suppliers.
- Conduct comprehensive spend analysis to identify, prioritize and execute cost saving opportunities.
- Develop and implement cost evaluation tools (e.g. total landed cost) and ongoing metrics.
- Evaluates key supplier performance and applies sustainable counter measures and actions in order to facilitate improvement.
- Oversees the monitoring of critical business wide metrics and the coordination of cross-functional work teams to significantly increase effectiveness of supply chain and cost and contract admin initiatives.
- Responsible for process improvements and lead projects on time and within budget.
- Engages the senior management of key suppliers to initiate appropriate major improvement programs to achieve and sustain high levels of performance.
- Oversee periodic business reviews with suppliers to drive profitability, operational improvements through negotiation, relationship building and innovation.
- Evaluates contract compliance and advises others on contractual rights and obligations.
- Perform reconciliation and analysis of accounting information for complex suppliers and customers.
- Communicate regularly with suppliers, sales team, and operations team to build relationships and resolve issues.
- Demonstrate good judgment and analytical skills.
- Communicate accurate and timely status of requests, issues, risks and scope changes.
- Plans, organizes, directs and reports all activities and matters relating to supplier performance.
- Other supplier operations manager duties as assigned.
- Encourage the growth of all direct and indirect reports through skill development and goal setting.
- Hold direct reports accountable for meeting performance standards and departmental performance goals.
- Mentor staff, measure performance, and complete regular performance reviews.
- Resolve employee issues in an effective and consistent manner.
Supplier Operations Manager Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field.
- Minimum of five years of sourcing, purchasing, supply chain or contract administration experience.
- Strong experience with SAP, Vistex, MS Office Suite.
- Strong Project Management experience and skills required.
- Cross functional team management and facilitation skills.
- Superior ability to influence and build relationships (both internally and externally).
- Strong negotiation skills and leadership skills; ability to lead large scale, complex projects.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills; demonstrated data analysis capability.
- Excellent problem solving, strategic thinking, planning and project management capabilities.
- Ability to maintain perspective and confidence in face of difficult contract negotiations, tight deadlines and client expectations.
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and time management competencies.
- Ability to communicatie effectively both verbally and written.
Supplier Operations Manager Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's degree preferred.
- Six Sigma Certification preferred.
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
- SAP Functional Manager - Customer Experience Greeley, Colorado
- Seasonal Inoculant Service Technician Hereford, Texas
- Inventory Control Clerk South Bend, Indiana
- Service Technician II - Dental Lenexa, Kansas, Kirksville, Missouri, Lake Ozark, Missouri
- Territory Sales Representative Santa Maria, California
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
The Patterson Companies Difference
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.