Supply Chain Planner LeadJob Location Saint Paul, Minnesota Job ID 2020-11309 Apply
The Planning Lead is responsible for planning assigned business categories as well as training, direction and strategy of the planning process and team. This includes work to optimize SAP through complex optimization. The Planning Lead will develop and support the (Sr.) Planners through mentoring and process improvement, train new and existing (Sr) Planners on SAP processes and planning best practices. Outside the planning team, Planning Leads will help provide cross functional teams planning support and act as a planning subject matter experts. Planning Leads will also help maintain IS partnership and drive both system stability and system enhancements. The Planning Lead will act as a mentor, a technical and decision resource for the (Sr.) Planners across the Patterson Enterprise and will be a key expert on SAP and its interaction with other systems and processes including comprehensive knowledge of how planning interacts with people and processes on the marketing and sales teams. The Planning Lead is the utmost expert in regards to forecasting and replenishment in SAP, as well as tools (BI) and processes. The Planning Lead is being developed from a succession planning perspective to backfill supervisors and managers as necessary.
Supply Chain Planning Lead System, Process, Training Support:
- Mentoring of (Sr.)Planners – Indirectly manages and mentors (Sr.) Planners, working closely with the Supply Chain Manager and supervisor to provide the necessary coaching to the (Sr.) Planners so they can provide accurate forecasts and inventory plans to vendors and business teams.
- SAP Optimization – The Planning lead will use their SAP and planning expertise to help individual (Sr.) Planners with SAP questions, work to optimize forecasting and replenishment settings and help maintain a balance of consistency and differentiation around how (Sr.) Planners are using SAP. This involves complex judgment, in depth knowledge/research, and creative problem solving.
- Forecast/Replenishment and Business Process Enhancement – The Planning Lead will help (Sr.) Planners to use SAP to drive educated business decisions through process improvements in addition to sharing best practices and an in depth knowledge of how different systems and processes interact with each other. Planning Leads will use their in depth expertise to help (Sr.) Planners with preparation for inventory reviews. Planning Leads will interact with multiple levels of the organization and play a key role providing a forecasting and inventory perspective on various company and business team initiatives.
- Training & Continuing Education – Help teach and improve the training for new and existing (Sr.) Planners. Maintain and monitor consistency and relevance among training materials. When needed, help develop new trainings. Execute recruitment and interviews of new (Sr.) Planners as needed.
- Cross Functional Work – Work with the outside teams to provide forecasting and inventory information and solutions for business, sales, and project teams. Planning Leads provide direction to multiple businesses and companywide projects and initiatives. Works with Enterprise Operations to ensure the successful alignment of SAP utilization, training and business process across Dental and Animal Health businesses.
Category Management Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing an assigned category of business.
- Analyze daily KPI reports with a goal to improve supply chain performance.
- Responsible for optimizing inventory levels and fill rates across the Patterson distribution network so that service level targets are met.
- Establish and maintain appropriate target stock levels, safety stock, and surge stock levels using SAP and statistical inventory management tools and techniques.
- Utilize product forecasts, SAP models and tools. Communicate forecasts to vendors as needed.
- Responsible for managing the excess (overstock) and obsolete process for assigned products. Identify and communicate obsolescence reserve requirements to the Supply Chain Specialist for disposition, returns and/or disposal. Coordinate disposition, returns, and disposal.
- Coordinate Vendor product recalls with all functional groups.
- Performs other supply chain planning lead duties as assigned.
Supply Chain Planning Lead Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in any related field or equivalent combination of Associate’s degree and relevant experience.
- 3+ years purchasing and planning experience in related industry including:
- Material planning and forecasting using ERP tools.
- Inventory Management experience, including excess and obsolete management.
- Ability to leverage complex functions in Excel (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Formulas, etc).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to work and influence others from different functional areas and levels within and outside the organization.
- Excellent organizational, decision making and analytical skills.
- Strong math skills with an understanding of statistics
- Proficiency in MS Office - (Word, Excel, Power oint Etc.)
- Comfortable with public speaking and leading discussions from the front of rooms.
Preferred Planning Lead Qualifications:
- Knowledge of and/or experience in a Fortune 500 Distribution/ Logistics environment.
- Experience building and executing training.
- Will be expected to work towards Forecast Certification through institute of business forecasting (IBF).
- Experience with SAP.
- Knowledge of process improvement tools and techniques (lean, 6 sigma etc.)
- APICS certification is nice to have.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
- CAD CAM Dental Technology Advisor I Seattle, Washington
- Warehouse Associate Roanoke, Texas
- Support Specialist Tier 1 (Remote Available - MN & IL ONLY) Effingham, Illinois, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Material Handler Supervisor Ocala, Florida
- Service Technician - Dental Portland, Oregon
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.