Training and Development SpecialistJob Location Saint Paul, Minnesota Job ID 2019-8664 Apply
As the Learning & Development (L&D) Specialist at Patterson, you will provide expertise across Patterson Companies and partner with Human Resources and Business Unit leaders to identify, design, and manage initiatives that support current and emerging training needs.
The L&D Specialist acts in an advisory capacity to anticipate and recommend effective training/learning solutions and connects L&D opportunities to business objectives, career paths, and employee performance objectives.
The L&D Specialist is responsible for conducting training needs assessments, designing and implementing impactful training initiatives using a variety of learning experiences - in-person training classes, live and recorded webinars, on-demand videos and virtual classroom sessions.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of designing and delivering impactful training programs primarily in the areas of personal effectiveness, communication and collaboration, change management and leadership development.
Content Design and Facilitation
- Partner with business unit Senior Management, Human Resource Professionals, other internal stakeholders and external vendor partners to review and prioritize training needs for the organization
- Conducts needs assessment and gap analysis to ensure alignment to learning objectives and overall effectiveness of learning solutions
- Designs curriculum, content, courses, guides, job aids, and other materials/resources used to support learning and development
- Facilitate and deliver training programs via classroom, webinar, or other virtual environments in an engaging manner that is inclusive of various adult learning styles
- Updates training materials and content to maintain relevance and usefulness
- Collaborates with internal/external subject matter experts SME’s in design and delivery of training programs, including scheduling/facilitating trainers and overseeing train-the-trainer programs.
- Measures the success of training-based initiatives, programs, and materials; makes improvements and adjustments to increase learning engagement and retention
- Provide leadership and expertise to support strategies to leverage an LMS system as a critical component of our overall training strategy
- Effectively incorporate new methods of learning, instructional techniques, and instructional technologies to develop new, exciting and compelling learning solutions.
- Responsible for overseeing all program logistics including participant enrollment, evaluation and manager feedback.
- Seek opportunities to link programs and processes with other key HR, Talent Management and organizational processes
Collaboration & Communication:
- Strong writing, facilitation and presentation skills with the ability to adapt appropriately to different audiences.
- Work across teams to ensure that training content is effectively deployed and represented on Patterson’s communication and learning portals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships throughout the organization.
- Develop and execute a plan to brand, market and increase employee awareness and engagement in and of training programs .
- Creates and maintains project plans to ensure timely delivery of training materials/programs
- Strong time management skills; must be able to multi-task and adapt to multiple priorities.
- Keen attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Development, Human Resources, Adult Education, Instructional Design, Educational Psychology or related area
- 3+ years of experience in the areas of training and development, facilitation, deployment and evaluation
- 2+ years of experience with leadership development - leadership training certification a plus.
- Knowledge of learning and adult education methodologies and tools
- Experience in working with subject matter experts (SME) to produce training materials
- Previous experience deploying content via a learning management system (LMS)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team-oriented approach and ability to establish rapport quickly and collaborate effectively with all employee levels
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 20%
- Excellent communication skills: written, presentation and speaking
- Certification or experience delivering ‘personality’ or ‘personal style’ – based tools a plus (SDI, StrengthsFinder, DISC, etc.)
- Previous experience with eLearning authoring tools (ie. Articulate, Captivate, Camtasia or other)
- Previous experience with visual/audio design programs (Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, PremierPro, Photoshop; Vyond (GoAnimate) or other)
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
The Patterson Companies Difference
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.