Software Technology AdvisorJob Location San Francisco, California Job ID 2020-10994 Apply
The Software Technology Advisor will observe and evaluate current customer business practices, analyze the respective system capabilities, and make strategic recommendations to the customer about the integration of their current practice with the respective system capabilities. Perform instructor led trainings on products at customer’s site, local branch and via online technologies.
- Responsible for the software conversion and implementation process for new and existing customers.
- Demonstrates expertise in technical translation, listening and oral communication skills.
- Perform a system analysis, including consultation with current users to determine the hardware, software and/or system function specifications for the customer.
- Assist the customer with designing a software, product solution and business flow that will suit their needs.
- Recommend improvements and upgrades as appropriate.
- Act as an ongoing advisor to customers regarding their technology structure and software packages.
- Perform technology demonstrations and other activities to help support Revolve lead generation efforts.
- Prepare and deliver instructor-led training sessions face to face or via online for the Patterson Revolve product suite and other technologies as applicable.
- Install and troubleshoot software, hardware, and digital components with assistance from technical support.
- Collaborate with the PTC to resolve software and product issues as necessary.
- Coordinate, participate in, and support meetings and activities, (technology events and marketing activities).
- Prepare, coordinate and conduct User Group Meetings/Release Parties.
- Professionally represent Patterson Companies to branch customers and potential customers, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Support and engage with customer retention activities.
- Completes all administrative and technical duties (i.e; activity tracking, expense accounts, feedback, reports for pre and post training, etc.) within compliance procedures and policies.
- Other Software Technology Advisor duties as needed.
Dental Software Technology Advisor/Trainer Education and Training:
- 3-5 years of experience in the dental field.
- Dental office administrative experience is highly preferred.
- Additional dental assisting, or dental hygiene experience is recommended.
- Travel is required for the Technology Advisor role.
Relevant Dental Technology Advisor/Trainer Work Experience:
- Specific training in the use of technology related products.
- Excellent presentation skills, including to large groups.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work and contribute to a team environment.
- Self-starter who can work independently.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills, completing tasks in a timely manner with little supervision while guiding individuals toward task accomplishment.
- Strong user knowledge of MS Windows.
- Strong working knowledge of at least one dental practice management and clinical software application (preferably Eaglesoft or Fuse)
- Prior experience in the use of and training of technology related dental products and equipment.
- Knowledge of dental industry and general practices.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability or protected veteran status.
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.