Field Service TechnicianJob Location San Jose, California Job ID 2019-8753
As a service technician for Patterson Companies you will install, maintain and repair equipment for either our dental or animal health customers. In this role you can expect to:
- Solve new, exciting challenges every day – from troubleshooting and diagnosing issues to training office staff on newly installed equipment
- Work independently
- Expand your technical knowledge while building rewarding, long-lasting customer relationships
We’re looking for technical professionals who have a general mechanical aptitude, solid problem-resolution skills, and a strong desire to provide excellent service. If you aspire to work for an industry leader, apply today!
- Hours:Full Time
- Experience: Mid-level
- Travel: Occasional to Regular
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful service technician at Patterson Companies? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Mechanically minded
- Technical aptitude
- Solution oriented
Health and Well-being
Retirement and Savings Program
Employee Discount Programs
Working at Patterson
“It is wonderful working with a team that is professional and customer experience oriented. Also, good management that truly cares about developing each employee to their best and beyond.” – Tom S., Dental Service Technician
“Being a Navy veteran, I find a very similar sense of comradery amongst other service technicians at Patterson. Everyone is eager to help, at any time.” – Mark L., Dental Service Technician
“Working for Patterson Veterinary has given me more passion to help people and animals.” – Juan G., Veterinary Service Technician
“My job at Animal Health International gives me the opportunity to work independently with the guide of competent and helpful supervisors.” – Clinton C., Animal Health International Service Technician
Why join Patterson?
Patterson Companies is an industry-leading specialty distributor serving the dental, veterinary and rehabilitation supply markets. Driven to meet the needs of healthcare professionals in these growing markets, Patterson provides a total-package approach to doing business.
Our customers benefit from a diverse platform of products and services, as well as the convenience and peace of mind that come with relying on one trusted partner for everything they need.
Who are we looking for?
Patterson Dental is looking for experienced technicians the field of bio-medical (dental) device and equipment repair.
What can you expect as a Service Technician II?
As a Service Technician II, you provide installation and repair on a variety of dental equipment and products in the dental office environment. The Service Technician II follows manufacturer guidelines relative to the repair of devices. You will also assist in the training of other technical staff.
- Determining parts, supplies or tools needed to complete service requests. Uses company-provided tools and test devices used to adjust, calibrate and repair equipment.
- Managing vehicle inventory and restocking from branch inventory as necessary.
- Ensuring both proper vehicle maintenance guidelines and safe driving habits are followed.
- Repairing equipment to meet manufacturer’s specifications as well as all company, OSHA or other agencies’ policies related to asepsis.
- Providing technical support for the repair of equipment after initial installation and ensuring that service commitments are met within standard response time.
- Assisting in the training and mentoring of new members of the Service Technician team.
- Training dental office staff on proper operation of installed systems.
- Other duties as related to the position.
What background and experience is needed?
The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent, as well as 2-4 years of prior experience as a dental service technician. A valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required. An Associate’s degree in a computer-related field or technical training in the bio-medical or electronics field is preferred.
General computer proficiency, including knowledge of Windows-based programs, familiarity with networking, and experience with peripherals such as printers, backups, scanners, modems, and Category 5 cabling is preferred. General mechanical aptitude with prior experience in the areas of computer repair, carpentry, plumbing, heating, electricity, and/or electronics is also beneficial. Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification is preferred
Competencies in the areas of customer service, organization, problem-solving, and interpersonal and communication skills are desired.
What physical capabilities are required?
You must be able to lift up to 100 pounds.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
- Field Support Technician Yuma, Arizona
- Field Service Technician Birmingham, Alabama, Gardendale, Alabama
- Field Service Technician Dalhart, Texas
- Field Service Technician - Dental Framingham, Massachusetts, Braintree, Massachusetts, Taunton, Massachusetts
- Field Service Technician - Dental Equipment Detroit, Michigan, Flint, Michigan
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
The Patterson Companies Difference
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.