Field Service ManagerPrimary Location Seattle, Washington Additional Location(s) Bothell, Washington Job ID 2021-12733 Apply
What can you expect as a Service Manager?
As a Service Manager with Patterson Dental, you will partner with the Operations Manager and General Manager to develop local market service strategy by aligning branch and corporate initiatives to encourage growth of current business and cultivate new customers.
You will direct and supervise all service functions, including but not limited to: repair and installation of dental equipment and technology, customer service, operating statements, and inventory management. This role requires a unique skill-set that bridges the relationship between technical services and sales functions, which could include a service team upwards of 16 people.
In addition, this role is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of best practices, standards, and service procedures while identifying process improvement opportunities.
Building connections for healthier communities
Patterson Companies and our dedicated teams create healthier communities by building strong partnerships, one person at a time. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services while creating a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients and their customers.As a market leading dental and animal health company, we supply technology, products and equipment, as well as marketing, support and logistics services across North America and the U.K.
As a Service Manager you will:
- Partner with the Operation Manager to develop Service Department budgets and allocate financial resources to achieve business goals through top-line growth and reduction in operational waste.
- Use KPIs, manage branch profit and loss performance through creation of best practices and optimization of efficient employee and department workflows in support of operational process improvement and all associated asset management.
- Develop and manage project plans in support of the sales and technical service life-cycle, including delegating responsibilities to technical service, and operations staff and holding staff accountable for executing on project deliverables.
- Manage parts inventory processes and inventory turns, including the resolution of inventory variances.
- Responsible for building strong relationships with customers with face-to-face interaction, as well as building strong working alliances with internal departments or facilities to ensure proper management of the service life-cycles.
- Partner with relevant branch and company departments to develop a successful and healthy Service Department through designing and executing on a team and customer-focused culture by finding the knowledge and skills to bridge operational gaps, creating optimal workflows, and aligning internal processes.
- Responsible to ensure our service technicians are compliant with company and regulatory standards (i.e. x-ray compliance, rental equipment reporting, etc.).
- Review and evaluate the work of direct reports to assess job performance by completing regular performance reviews and holding direct reports accountable for meeting. performance standards and departmental performance goals.
- Encourage the growth of all direct and indirect reports through skill development and goal setting.
- Coach, motivate, and recognize the accomplishments of all employees to expand job performance, increase engagement, and commitment.
- Actively work with Operations Manager to determine personnel needs to ensure branch obligations are met and participating in the talent selection process including hiring and promotion recommendations.
- Resolve employee concerns in an effective, prompt, and consistent manner and promote an inclusive environment where different employee perspectives are valued.
- Ensure team direction and work support and are aligned with Patterson strategic priorities.
- Communicate organization information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, co-travel, email, and regular interpersonal communication.
- Requires: moderate physical activity.
- Position requires both sitting which includes driving and standing.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Operating a computer several hours per day.
- Position involves frequent communication with sales professionals, service technicians and other colleagues and requires ability to understand and effectively exchange accurate information both written and verbal.
Travel and On-Call: This position requires co-travel and overnight stay.
Service Manager Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Valid drivers license and clean driving record required
- 2+ years of managing field-based service repair technicians
- 2+ years demonstrated experience in leading teams and fostering highly collaborative work environments, championing innovation, and advancing the capabilities of high performing teams
- 2+ years of experience managing KPI reporting through drawing insights from the data and analyzing trends
- Candidate must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, exercising diplomacy and good judgment.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft 365 and experience with MS Excel
Service Manager Preferred Qualifications:
- Related dental industry knowledge is a plus
If you're passionate about leadership, developing talent, and possess a strong mechanical background, we strongly invite you to submit your application for the Service Manager opening!
We provide competitive benefits, unique incentive programs and rewards for our eligible employees:
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits and an integrated Wellness Program.
- 401(k) Match Retirement Savings Plan.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Holiday Pay & Floating Holidays.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO).
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement).
- Full Paid Parental and Adoption Leave.
- LifeWorks (Employee Assistance Program).
- Patterson Perks Program.
Why Join Patterson?
Click here to see what it’s like to be a part of our winning team! Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
As a people-first company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees’ unique experiences and differences are what strengthen us and drive our success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We are Patterson. We welcome you.
- Inventory Control Clerk 2nd shift South Bend, Indiana
- Support Specialist Tier 1 (Remote - IL ONLY) Effingham, Illinois, Chicago, Illinois, Champaign, Illinois, Bloomington, Illinois, Bolingbrook, Illinois, Elmhurst, Illinois, Moline, Illinois, Peoria, Illinois, Springfield, Illinois, Warrenville, Illinois, Gurnee, Illinois, Oak Park, Illinois
- Agricultural Engineer Greeley, Colorado, Fort Collins, Colorado
- Service Technician Atlanta, Georgia
- Service Technician Fargo, North Dakota
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.