Service TechnicianJob Location Seattle, Washington Job ID R105320
As a service technician for Patterson Companies you will install, maintain and repair equipment for either our dental or animal health customers. In this role you can expect to:
- Solve new, exciting challenges every day – from troubleshooting and diagnosing issues to training office staff on newly installed equipment
- Work independently
- Expand your technical knowledge while building rewarding, long-lasting customer relationships
We’re looking for technical professionals who have a general mechanical aptitude, solid problem-resolution skills, and a strong desire to provide excellent service. If you aspire to work for an industry leader, apply today!
- Hours:Full Time
- Experience: Mid-level
- Travel: Occasional to Regular
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful service technician at Patterson Companies? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Mechanically minded
- Technical aptitude
- Solution oriented
Health and Well-being
Retirement and Savings Program
Employee Discount Programs
Working at Patterson
“It is wonderful working with a team that is professional and customer experience oriented. Also, good management that truly cares about developing each employee to their best and beyond.” – Tom S., Dental Service Technician
“Being a Navy veteran, I find a very similar sense of comradery amongst other service technicians at Patterson. Everyone is eager to help, at any time.” – Mark L., Dental Service Technician
“Working for Patterson Veterinary has given me more passion to help people and animals.” – Juan G., Veterinary Service Technician
“My job at Animal Health International gives me the opportunity to work independently with the guide of competent and helpful supervisors.” – Clinton C., Animal Health International Service Technician
We Are Patterson! Patterson Companies, Inc. is focused on providing the best products, technologies, services and business solutions to the animal and oral health markets. We are seeking a motivated individual with a strong mechanical aptitude to join our Dental Service team. This is an opportunity to work alongside the best in the dental industry to provide a first-class customer service while learning how to install and repair a variety of dental equipment including computer-related items. As employees develop their basic install and basic repair skills, they have growth opportunities with Patterson! Join a company that is Passionate, Focused, Always Advancing, and People-First.
To perform this job successfully, an employee must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation. To request a reasonable accommodation, notify Human Resources or the manager who oversees the position.
- Install and/or Repair Dental Equipment: The core responsibility for a Service Technician is to observe, listen, learn and apply training. Training is supplied by Service Technician mentors and online training courses through Patterson Technology Academy.
- Safely remove, modify, repair, and install various dental equipment under general supervision with the ability to work independently after training.
- Follow checklists, ensuring all critical parts are examined.
- Demonstrate knowledge on the installation procedures and jobsite protocol.
- Apply specific manufacturer and Patterson guidelines, OSHA and other applicable laws and regulations related to asepsis.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Customer Service: Supports customer needs through responding in a timely and professional manner. Demonstrates passion and a people-first approach by treating customers in a respectful and considerate manner. Builds and maintains customer relationships through follow-up and courteous and approachable interactions.
- Communication: Understands and conveys information to our customers. Listens attentively and asks questions when necessary. Uses general terminology to explain technical aspects of using technology to a non-technical audience.
In addition to the essential functions listed above, the incumbent may perform the following additional functions.
Work Ethic: Commitment and desire to work with a sense of urgency and persistence in overcoming obstacles while following Patterson’s business conduct and code of ethics and responsibilities.
Problem Solving Skills: Anticipates problems and customer needs and goes beyond training to find answers.
Interpersonal Skills: Establishes and maintains productive, mutually beneficial relationships with customers, vendors and colleagues. Responds to difficult situations and demanding people and delivers negative information in a way that enhances relationships.
Inventory Management: Determines parts, supplies or tools needed to complete service requests. Manages vehicle inventory and restocks as necessary.
Personal/Vehicle Safety: Safety is a primary focus for the Patterson Dental service department. Each employee must maintain a quality driving record and represent Patterson Dental while driving a company vehicle. Proper vehicle maintenance should be scheduled regularly to ensure we maintain a safe fleet on the road.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Mechanical aptitude required
- Possesses strong work ethic and takes ownership of both company and customers goals/objectives
- Focused on understanding, meeting, and exceeding customer expectations
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Requires basic computer skills and/or ability to use smart phone/tablet
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver’s license along with good driving record
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Trade school training in carpentry/plumbing/heating/electricity/electronics is highly desirable but not required
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Teams is helpful
Must be able to remain in a stationary or driving position up to 100% per day.
Must be able to lift boxes and dental supplies up to 1-25 pounds up to 75% per day.
Must position oneself to install/maintain dental equipment, including under equipment or cabinets up to 50% per day.
Must be able to reach at shoulder level and reach at waist level up to 25% per day.
Must be able to move or lift dental equipment and supplies weighing up 26-49 pounds up to 10% per day.
Must be able to move dental equipment weighing up to 50 pounds into place less than 5% per day.
Must be able to climb steps and/or ladders less than 5% per day.
• This position requires traveling to customer locations and providing services and support to customers.
TRAVEL AND ON-CALL
• 100% travel to customer sites in a local geographic area
• Occasionally out of town for overnight and/or after-hours
The potential compensation range for this role is below. The final offer amount would be based on various factors such as candidate location (geographical labor market), experience, and skills. $23.94 - $30.19
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.