Material Handler IJob Location Sioux Falls, South Dakota Job ID 2019-9741 Apply
Perform effective, safe and efficient warehouse duties
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Transact all business in accordance to Animal Health International Inc.’s business code of ethics and conduct
- Align with the Company’s Mission, Guiding Principles, Values, Goals and Objectives
- Perform all warehouse duties including picking, packing, receiving, counting and tracking inventory
- Use any/all of the warehouse equipment/machinery
- Achieve assigned performance metrics and KPIs
- Help maintain an organized, clean, and safe warehouse
- Handle all hazardous materials, pesticides, and prescription drugs according to the Company’s processes/procedures and all applicable laws and regulations
- Perform all work in accordance with the Company Safety Guidelines and procedures with safety and regulatory licensure compliance
- As assigned
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Able to safely and efficiently operate all warehouse equipment/machinery
- Able to meet deadlines, cutoffs and budgetary requirements
- Sound organization and administrative skills
- Solid communication skills
- Able to work effectively with others
- Basic computer skills with MS Office
Education or Formal Training:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year warehouse experience preferred
- Background in warehousing and distribution preferred
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- General warehouse equipment
- General office equipment
- MS Office, Shipping and proprietary software
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Move up to 75 lbs.
- Moving 75% of the time
- Frequently grasp, reach, bend and stop in narrow/confined spaces
Positions Reporting to This Position:
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Management retains the right to require and assign other duties.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability or protected veteran status.
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
The Patterson Companies Difference
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.