Inside Sales Rep IJob Location Springdale, Arkansas Job ID 2018-7874 Apply
Generate and increase sales through inbound and outbound telephone sales that meet and exceed budgeted expectations while handling inbound customer calls with professionalism, skill and expediency
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Transact all business in accordance to Animal Health International Inc.’s business code of ethics and conduct.
- Make regular outbound calls to assigned customers/territories and document in CRM
- Generate new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information to customers in a timely manner
- Identify customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products and/or solutions
- Use appropriate selling tactics such as up-selling and cross-selling when needed
- Present, price, credit, and terms in accordance with standard procedures and customer profitability profiles
- Accurately process customer transactions such as orders, quotes, returns, etc.
- Travel to assigned territory as needed to further develop relationship and build rapport with new and existing customers
- Educate customers about product features and benefits to grow sales and improve customer satisfaction
- Monitor scheduled shipment dates to ensure timely delivery
- Remain current on consumer preferences, changes in local codes, and product developments by attending sales meetings, manufacturer trainings, trade shows and/or reading trade journals
- Identify trends in customer satisfaction or dissatisfaction
- Promote teamwork and a positive attitude
- As Assigned
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Strong customer service skills
- Working knowledge of sales
- Problem solving and analytic sales
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Energetic and passionate
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Computer skills, including MS Office
Education or Formal Training:
- High school diploma is required
- Bachelor’s degree in an Animal Health related field and/or sales and Marketing is preferred
- Knowledge of company products through previous animal health care and/or sales experience is preferred
- Novice in program sales, prospecting and/or account management skills
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- Computer, including MS Office and other software
- General Office Equipment
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Stationary position 75% of the time
- Move up to 30 lbs.
- Less than 10% travel and as required
Positions Reporting to This Position:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
The Patterson Companies Difference
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.