Field Service Technician - TurnkeyPrimary Location Sterling, Colorado Additional Location(s) Greeley, Colorado Job ID R100300 Apply
The role of Field Service Technician Provide is to provide technical support, maintenance and repair for Animal Health International Inc. software, Feed Yard Management (FYM). Turnkey Computer Systems (a division of Animal Health International Inc.) provides fully integrated software applications coupled with comprehensive software support and training to meet the unique needs of the feedyard industry.
The Field Service Technician is responsible for performing each task in a safe and efficient manner, and accountable for all onsite activities related to customer support and customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Equipment Installation and Repair
- Transact all business in accordance to Animal Health International Inc.’s business code of ethics and conduct.
- Provide technical support, maintenance and repair for Animal Health International Inc. software, Feed Yard Management (FYM).
- Responds to assigned customer service calls, diagnosing problems and making appropriate repairs.
- Responsible for software installation projects.
- Prepare for and perform standard system installations and test the functionality of all components.
- Provide technical assistance and training to customers as needed for proper operation of equipment and systems to achieve desired results.
- Complete all required service forms, records, and documentation as required.
- Maintain strong and supportive customer relationships by providing technical support after repair or installation; available for consultation and support which includes nights and weekends on-call.
- Maintain strong accountability in regards to employee and customer health and safety when performance service work, as environment and conditions will vary greatly.
Inventory & Asset Management
- Prepare list of necessary equipment for each installation and service request.
- Uses, maintains, and secures test devices and tools used to adjust, calibrate, and repair equipment.
- Monitor inventory of products used at assigned customer locations to assure that inventory is adequate for continuous operation at all times.
- Manage vehicle inventory and restock as necessary.
- Ensure proper vehicle maintenance guidelines and safe driving habits are followed.
- Ensure proper use and maintenance of all company provided assets, including but not limited to computer, parts, uniforms, etc.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Travel and On-Call:
This position requires same day travel 50-75% in a local area and occasional overnight travel 15-25% in a regional area.
For this position being on-call is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 0-2 years prior experience in a technical, software, or related field
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to design, install, and configure simple networks.
- Ability to prioritize along with solid analytical skills.
- Adept in learning quickly with creative problem solving capabilities.
- Self-motivated, energetic, and passionate.
- Must be willing and able to work in a variety of physical and environmental conditions.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Computer skills, including MS Office and other software systems.
- Associates degree in a computer related field.
- Two years of related experience is a plus.
- Experience working in Animal Agriculture
- Troubleshooting Windows operating system.
- Cisco Wireless experience preferred.
- Fleet Driver III AH Hereford, Texas
- Institutional & Gov Sales Mgr (Remote) Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota
- Tech Serv Warranty Claims Proc Eagan, Minnesota
- Warehouse Associate Clovis, New Mexico
- Warehouse Associate Inventory Specialist (2nd Shift) Fort Worth, Texas
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.