Procurement/Customer Service Specialist (entry-level role)Primary Location Totowa, New Jersey Job ID 2021-12333 Apply
The Branch Procurement Specialist is responsible for the equipment/parts order life cycle, from start to finish. This includes supporting and coordinating with the Sales and Service departments. Project planning and management for all equipment and parts orders, from start to finish, is managed by this role.
- Management and creation of quotes and contracts
- Fulfills all equipment orders from Equipment Specialists, Territory Sales Representatives and all internal/external customers, while maintaining an optimum inventory of items and determining an ideal source for purchase
- Manages invoices, prepares purchase orders, maintains equipment files, processes credits and returns, and tracks first payment
- Verifies orders upon receipt from the shipper and stages equipment for delivery or installation
- Coordinates the installation of equipment with the Service Department, Equipment Specialist, Territory Salesperson and the Customer
- References master data vendor price lists and creates equipment files and notes in CRM
- Manages all warranty claims, manufacturer repairs, and item maintenance
- Manages the parts life-cycle: ordering, receiving, invoicing, returns, and inventory management
- Works closely with TechEdge Service Coordinator(s) for all resource and project planning
- Demonstrates a commitment to Patterson’s values and professionalism through appropriate conduct at all times
- Performs other duties as assigned
Project planning for this position will track the entire cycle of an equipment/parts order including:
- Sales quotation
- Sales order
- Equipment orders (PO) / Timing determination between vendors and customers
- Site evaluation
- Resource planning (scheduling)
- Punch list
- Associate’s degree or above with general business or accounting concentration preferred, or 2-5 years equivalent experience
- Has strong organizational, planning, and multi-tasking skills, demonstrates sound judgment and excellent decision-making abilities, and shows a great attention to detail
- Possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to positively contribute to the Branch team environment by taking initiative to learn and improve upon skillsets
- Uses technology with efficiency, including Microsoft 365 and SAP CRM and ECC platforms
- 1-3 years previous experience in the Dental Industry
- Previous working experience with project management
- Bookkeeping/accounting experience preferred
We provide competitive benefits, unique incentive programs and rewards for our eligible employees:
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits and an integrated Wellness Program.
- 401(k) Match Retirement Savings Plan.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Holiday Pay & Floating Holidays.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO).
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement).
- Full Paid Parental and Adoption Leave.
- LifeWorks (Employee Assistance Program).
- Patterson Perks Program.
Why Join Patterson?
Click here to see what it’s like to be a part of our winning team! Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
As a people-first company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees’ unique experiences and differences are what strengthen us and drive our success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We are Patterson. We welcome you.
- Inventory Control Clerk 2nd shift South Bend, Indiana
- Support Specialist Tier 1 (Remote - IL ONLY) Effingham, Illinois, Chicago, Illinois, Champaign, Illinois, Bloomington, Illinois, Bolingbrook, Illinois, Elmhurst, Illinois, Moline, Illinois, Peoria, Illinois, Springfield, Illinois, Warrenville, Illinois, Gurnee, Illinois, Oak Park, Illinois
- Agricultural Engineer Greeley, Colorado, Fort Collins, Colorado
- Service Technician Atlanta, Georgia
- Service Technician Fargo, North Dakota
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.