Fleet Driver IIJob Location Twin Falls, Idaho Job ID 2019-9366 Apply
Perform effective, safe, and efficient driving duties.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Transact all business in accordance to Animal Health International Inc.’s business code of ethics & conduct and all policies
- Align with the Company’s Mission, Guiding Principles, Values, Goals and Objectives
- Drive assigned vehicle and deliver/pick up shipments
- Collect money from customers and help resolve service complaints
- Load and unload assigned vehicle. Ensure all loads are properly secure for transport.
- Operate all of the warehouse equipment/machinery
- Achieve assigned performance metrics and KPIs
- Help maintain a secure, organized, clean, and safe warehouse and vehicle
- Handle all hazardous materials, pesticides, and prescription drugs according to Company’s processes/procedures in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Assure routine maintenance is performed on assigned vehicle per schedule and that vehicle is always in a good and safe condition
- Adherence with DOT drug & alcohol testing.
- Follow all local, state and federal motor carrier laws.
- Follow company biosecurity policies and customer biosecurity protocols as required.
- Submit all required daily, weekly and monthly compliance reports.
- Managing time effectively, meeting personal goals and fleet goals and objectives
- Performing all work in accordance with Company Safety guidelines and procedures including all required Safety and Compliance Training and regulatory licensing
- Always maintain acceptable driving record, current driver’s license and applicable endorsements
- May require overnight runs
- As assigned
- Ethics & Integrity: Acts consistently and makes decisions in the organization’s best interest.
- Customer Focus: Makes customers and their needs the primary focus of one’s actions.
- Drive for Results: Demonstrates drive, determination, and ownership to achieve both results and success.
- Technical Expertise: Demonstrates and maintains technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas.
- Problem Solving: Uses logic and analytical methods to identify solutions resulting in effective problem resolution.
- Self-Management: Manages time and resources and balances competing demands to ensure work is completed.
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others to achieve a common goal.
Material and Equipment Directly Used
- Assigned vehicle/vehicles
- Electronic Driver Logs as required
- General warehouse equipment
- General office equipment
- Moving 50% of the time
- Stationary position 50% of the time
- Load and unload a vehicle
- Move up to 75 lbs.
- Move loads on pallet jack (w/pallets/totes/barrels) weighing up to 2500 lbs.
Education or Formal Training:
- CDL, No-endorsements, driving vehicles up to 56k GVWR tandem axle box truck.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Obtain a satisfactory MVR review.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Ability to drive assigned vehicle
- Knowledge of delivery area and ability to read maps
- Able to work as an effective team member
- Basic problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Effective time management skills
- One-year experience as a delivery driver preferred
Positions Reporting to This Position:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
The Patterson Companies Difference
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.