Customer Service Representative IJob Location Washington, Iowa Job ID 2019-9823 Apply
Who are we looking for?
Animal Health International, a Patterson Company, is seeking a Full Time and Customer Service Representative to join our team in Washington, IA.
Why join Animal Health International?
This is your chance to set your career in motion! Our future is full of exciting possibilities, and so is yours as part of our team. We believe that work shouldn't be something that you do just to make ends meet. It should provide satisfaction and an opportunity to make a real difference!
Through its subsidiaries, Animal Health International, Inc. provides animal health products and services to customers in the food animal and companion animal markets worldwide. We are a recognized leader in our industry.
Our employees share a determination to make a difference, to enhance business success and to drive innovation where and whenever possible. We are not only looking for competent, qualified contributors, but employees who want to grow personally and professionally throughout their careers. We are in search of the best and the brightest minds to help fulfill our mission. We offer opportunities that allow you to apply and develop your strengths and we leverage your strengths to help us remain a major leader in our industry. We value the diverse thought and innovative ideas you can bring to the company.
The Animal Health International, Inc. Family of Companies is the right choice for individuals with exceptional ethics, integrity and long-term vision. We promote an atmosphere that encourages personal and professional development. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a great working environment in locations throughout the United States and Canada. Animal Health International is an EEO/AA/M/F/D/V employer and participates in the Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program, an internet-based employment eligibility verification system.
Assist customers and sales representatives in order entry requirements with professionalism, skill, and expediency.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Transact all business in accordance to Animal Health International Inc.’s business code of ethics and conduct.
- Accurately process customer transactions such as orders, returns, quotes, etc.
- Maintain a current knowledge of company products, policies and procedures
- Handle incoming calls, order entry, field customer service problems, etc.
- Promote teamwork and a positive attitude
- Responsible for communicating any pertinent information received from customers to the OSR
- Maintain a good, workable file of reference material
- Setup and maintain customer files
- As Assigned
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good planner with strong organization skills
- Able to exhibit enthusiasm and positivity
- Able to develop and maintain an attitude of cooperation with others
- Good keyboard and 10-key skills
- Computer skills, including MS Office
- Able to be professional at all times
Education or Formal Training:
- High School Diploma required
- Clerical experience preferred
- Computer experience preferred
- Previous phone experience preferred
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- General Office Equipment
- Computer, including MS Office and other software
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Stationary position 75% of the time
- Operate a keyboard and 10-key frequently
- Move up to 30 lbs.
- Travel less than 10% and only as required
Positions Reporting to This Position:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
The Patterson Companies Difference
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.