Support SpecialistPrimary Location Waukesha, Wisconsin Additional Location(s) Pewaukee, Wisconsin Job ID R101649 Apply
- Responsible for answering incoming technical and clinical application calls and emails regarding anesthesia and monitoring equipment from internal and external sources.
- Provide vital technical and clinical support to internal staff for new product development.
Technical Support and Training
- Answers incoming calls and emails; resolves customer issues and logs conversation into the customer database.
- Works directly with manufacturers and customers to facilitate service repairs, preventative maintenance recommendations and replacement items.
- Works directly with sales agents to support sales recommendations, provide competitive analysis of product and aids in client education of product usage.
- Assists Service Technicians as needed with parts identification and troubleshooting.
- Provides Monitor or Anesthesia Machine In-service and/or demo training to customers as needed.
- Assists with installation questions or difficulties that may need to be resolved.
- Assists with requested training or CE events as needed.
- Provides support tools and training to new Service Technicians as needed on monitoring and anesthesia.
- Attends Regional or National Sales meetings as requested.
- Issues Work Order (RMA) number for customer repairs at Patterson Veterinary NRC.
- Invoices Work Orders when repair has been completed at Patterson Veterinary NRC.
- Order entry as needed for internal and external sources.
- Issues credits as needed which includes adjusting inventory and the quarantine of vaporizers until credit is processed.
- Runs Outstanding Customer Returns report from vaporizer database and call customer/track vaporizer returns to ensure they are received in a timely manner.
- Order entry, forecasting, record keeping and daily ship log for Banfield Hospitals.
New Product Development
- Researches and reviews new product or competitive product information and updates matrices as needed.
- Lifting or carrying, light physical activity, up to 25 pounds
- Operating a computer for up to 8 hours/per day.
- Position involves frequent communication with (customers, inside staff, etc.) and requires ability to understand and effectively exchange accurate information.
Travel and On-Call
- This position requires minimal travel (10%) in a national area.
- For this position being on-call is not required.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent required.
- Certified Veterinary Technician or Equivalent License or Registration (LVT or RVT) required.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills.
- Courteous and professional phone manner.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work and contribute to a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong user knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Prior experience in the area of anesthesia and monitoring.
- Occasional travel as needed.
- Strong organizational skills and focused on being dependable, reliable and punctual.
- Associates Degree in Applied Science or Bachelor Degree.
- Prior customer service or technical support experience.
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.